Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Every once in a while there will be stages that have round counts that require more than 1 mag, but you start in one spot with no mags on your belt. So you'll have to stow however many mags you need for reloads in your pouches before leaving the starting position. It is a lot faster to slap a mag on the magnet VS having to fiddle around with stuffing them into the pouches.

If you shoot singlestack you can try clenching your reload between your teeth like a pirate. Someone got bumped to open last year at SS Nats for doing that but with the changes to mag placement rules it's legal again.
    Heck, if they'd just make it legal to slip the magazine behind your belt and trap it against your belly, instead of requiring some sort of magazine holder, that would be 90% of the way there for the "start-with-all-your-mags-on-the-barrel" stages.

Technically I guess you could do a ghetto version of a magnetic magazine carrier that really relied on trapping the magazine between your belt and belly. Sew a pocket for a flexible refrigerator magnet on the backside of your belt, so when you tuck your magazine behind your belt it's theoretically attracted to the magnet, but is really held by friction. There is no requirement on how strong the magnet has to be, just that it has to exist. Just like there's no requirement that an attached light output a certain amount of lumens, just that it does emit some light.

Goddammit. I just shot doubles with and without a WML on a Shadow2 today. It makes a noticeable difference, and is an obvious advantage for “predictive” shooting. I also timed a 90deg transition onto a 8” plate. The gun with the WML was no slower, and may be more precise.

Has anyone determined if a S2 with a TLR1 fits in the Box?

I’m very unhappy with this rule change. It was clearly poorly thought out. A major reason I shoot Production is to not have to be in an equipment arms race, and this is a big step in the wrong direction.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Goddammit. I just shot doubles with and without a WML on a Shadow2 today. It makes a noticeable difference, and is an obvious advantage for “predictive” shooting. I also timed a 90deg transition onto a 8” plate. The gun with the WML was no slower, and may be more precise.

I’m very unhappy with this rule change. It was clearly poorly thought out. A major reason I shoot Production is to not have to be in an equipment arms race, and this is a big step in the wrong direction.
    Bwahahaha! You came around to what I was noticing... but I went back to what you were noticing.

I tested up to a 9oz “light” and now going back to no light.

The hotter the ammo, the more it seemed to matter. I have so much trigger time without the light that I don’t want to rework my index. It was a whiff slower and more unwieldy for mag changes and table starts when quick flips are needed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I can measure the distance from the pic rail to the end of the light if you would like. I was surprised that the barrel if my 92 still sticks out further than the light. I suppose i need to make sure it is not too thick for the box as well.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I can measure the distance from the pic rail to the end of the light if you would like. I was surprised that the barrel if my 92 still sticks out further than the light. I suppose i need to make sure it is not too thick for the box as well.
    I measured. It should fit easily. The added width isn’t enough to be of concern.

I’m going to wait to see how all this shakes out. I don’t want to invest time and myelin in a barrel weight until I’m sure I want to stay with it.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

So I went back to open for the beginning of the year, since I had a bunch of ammo for it. Nice thing is, my open gun is 22 years old and just as competitive as it was when built.

I have a not super educated guess that until around high A class/M class - the light probably doesn't make much difference in a stage/match + overall performance.

Below that level, I'd bet there is too much other low hanging fruit that will affect a stage run - if your not already pretty tuned up on accuracy, consistency, transitions, shooting in/out positions/movement and sub-con gun handling, etc.

And I'd bet there will be a lot of folks who now add light, thinking they improved a bunch with it and not work hard on those other things above. Meanwhile someone who puts in work to improve everything to get to next class/level will slip right past them with overall skill improvement. Kind of like the folks who jump to the dot and think they magically improved on everything. Beyond easier recoil management and better splits, what does the light help? I think you have to be pretty good to get to where thats where you really need to improve - could be wrong though.

My personal outlook. Im not adding light or any magnets, kinda see it as fluff and distraction. Just want to keep improving current skill with plastic gun to get to A class, then get full competition gun (looking like shadow2) and work towards M class. Of course, I don't care too much about the competition much beyond locals and doing respectable at level 2's. My ultimate goal is to be a respectable M class competitor and just have fun with it at that level.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Today was my first real USPSA-like practice of the year. I was all burning with anxiety, how I am gonna keep up with new gear and shit. I absolutely had to check it out, push the science forward, and contribute to the groupthink.

Or not.

My humble testing device. It already has a tungsten rod and is still underweight, poor baby.

Name:  20210328_161419.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  57.5 KB

When people ask if they can have my brass, is it bad to say "sure you can"?

Name:  20210328_161914.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  74.9 KB

References for velocity, I don't own a chrono, it scares me because it looks like something that would emit a 5G and get inside my brain.

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...230gr-fmj-ammo

The test and an immediate conclusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHN8reLTcsU

Obviously, you can see that this was a work of an amateur. The camera is set so you can't see who's shooting, maybe it wasn't me but some huge mountain troll shooting. Maybe it wasn't 45 but some superloud mushrooming 22LR. Maybe it was 4A-3C-1M but I am ROing myself and I called the center hit a double so bite me. It is what it is so here you go.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-28-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Today was my first real USPSA-like practice of the year. I was all burning with anxiety, how I am gonna keep up with new gear and shit. I absolutely had to check it out, push the science forward, and contribute to the groupthink.

Or not.

My humble testing device. It already has a tungsten rod and is still underweight, poor baby.

Name:  20210328_161419.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  57.5 KB
    I understood Kimber was coming out with a new model with that classic well-worn appearance. Is that pre-production? How did you score that thing? I may switch from my intended purchase of a Staccato C if the Kimber comes in stock soon enough. Seriously, that's the way a beloved piece ought to look. I have a well worn stainless Springfield and "stainless" and "patina" never appear together in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I understood Kimber was coming out with a new model with that classic well-worn appearance. Is that pre-production? How did you score that thing? I may switch from my intended purchase of a Staccato C if the Kimber comes in stock soon enough. Seriously, that's the way a beloved piece ought to look. I have a well worn stainless Springfield and "stainless" and "patina" never appear together in the same sentence.
    I may be wrong but that looks like legit wear from use, to me.

User Tag List