Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The IPSC classic targets seem less visually damning... I wonder if that's why some of the European countries use them.
    I always kind of just assumed that to be the case too. And the FBI q-targets for similar reasons. Great zone, innocuous looking milk bottle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I've long maintained that all it would take is some media sensationalist type to visit a match for USPSA and make an article about how we are training to be mass murdering active shooters... "shoot as many defenseless humanoids in the quickest time possible while inflicting the most damage with the least amount of ammunition!"

The IPSC classic targets seem less visually damning... I wonder if that's why some of the European countries use them.
    Barnes and Noble used to sell UK handgun magazines before their bans. I bought a few. They had snide editorials about American humanoid competition targets indicating we were blood thirsty killers. When the bans were proposed, they tried to protect their guns as being for 'sport'. Didn't work. As an aside, the sports argument for the RKBA is useless as is the euphemism for ARs as MSRs.

The speed of folks shooting higher capacity guns (handguns or carbines) at matches, is an argument used for their banning. Folks prattle about how the AR isn't an assault boom boom because it isn't fully auto and thus 'nice' sporting toys but watch competitors with the semis and that argument is washed away.

BTW, I think this thread is hilarious and equal to one of wine snobs denouncing a $12 bottle of a red as not worthy of their majesty. Just shoot for fun and if you enjoy being anal retentive over the equipment and millisecond performance differences, it's your hobby. It's like coins, you can get a nice looking specimen of something you like in the lower MS ranks and then if you move up to the higher ones, the cost goes into the thousands. I shoot a stock Glock as I want to practice my EDC. I know that USPSA or IDPA or steel have nothing to do with da street but being practiced there is good for da street. OK. That makes sense.

JJ posted on Instagram that he's going to shoot production nationals with a Surefire on his 92x Performance so apparently someone sees an advantage in going super heavy.

Site Supporter
    We are all waiting for the Interplanetarys on Jupiter as the gravity will make the guns heavy. Tell Musk to set it up. However, the match might start with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    JJ posted on Instagram that he's going to shoot production nationals with a Surefire on his 92x Performance so apparently someone sees an advantage in going super heavy.
    Listen to the podcast with Mason Lane that I posted above. Mason said that everybody on the super squad is going to have a flashlight on there guns at least in Production and CO.

Here is JJs Insta Story:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

^^^^
    I didn't read the rules. Do production guns still have to fit into the box, even with lights attached?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    ^^^^
    I didn't read the rules. Do production guns still have to fit into the box, even with lights attached?
    This is a good question. I see nothing that indicates this either way in the rules (I may have missed it). Sort of like how they forgot to clarify that non-functioning WMLs used as frame weights in Limited are acceptable, they also *seem* at first glance to not have clarified this either. Seems the roll out here was poorly executed overall, that is my only complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am more concerned with what if they make low light stages where the WML are nessesary? What if you have to have them? What is next?? Lasers? Bayonets?? What skills are we even testing now??

Area 5 had a low light stage on an indoor range in 2016/7. You could borrow a mini mag lite, or hope you were dark adapted enough to see. A WML would have made that a lot easier.

I would also add that I am surprised about these top dudes jumping on extra-weight wagon just from a technical shooting standpoint. I don't know what goldilocks weight for a 9 mm gaming gun is but at some point they do become too heavy and too nose heavy. Personally I would take an improvement in my transitions over improvement in my splits. I can see how people would want to make poly guns heavier but 3 lbs Berettas and CZs?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List