Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am shooting an Atlas Titan now. Before that I shot a CZ TSO in limited for a year. I did fine with it. Before that I shot Shadow 2 and Shadow 1 in Production for a a long while. It is not necessarily about weight only. The weight distribution maybe more important. Recoil control in Limited is one of the most discussed topics (Sight Trackers, Island barrels, 6" vs 5" guns and so on). What you want is the gun returning consistently to YOU. Nose heavy guns go up less but they also go down harder as I mentioned earlier somewhere in this thread. My CZ TSO (Nose heavy) and my Atlas Titan (Grip heavy) are pretty much the same in terms of overall weight but the sight tracking is more consistent with my 2011. A lot can be overcome in training of course. Obviously some guns/configuration are more forgiving but the top guys are successful with a vast variety of options. You want to understand the theory, not learning tricks. There are a quite of few small shooters/females who are very successful shooters. Some of them even shoot Glocks (https://us.glock.com/en/CONNECT/Team...Ashley-Rheuark)
    There is no way they can grip a gun harder then some big guys out there but they are doing fine because there is more to it then just gripping your heavy gun hard.
    To be fair, Ashley is a GM but usually places like a B-class shooter at big events no?
    It's interesting that Lena Miculek uses support hand fingers in front of the trigger guard to help with physics (when she shoots pistols).

That being said, there are plenty of people kicking my ass with less modified polymer guns out there, so there's that....

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I think such WSBs will be successfully disputed.

I also think it is a nonissue. I've shot stages inside shoothouses, from outside into houses, from houses at outside targets, and in every which way.
    That house at Nats in Frostproof, with targets covering windows, people were plugging them at sporty paces without lights. As long as matches are conducted 8 am - 5 pm, I don't believe WMLs would offer lighting advantages.
    it is definitely possible to make that house darker if it is needed. A few sheets of plywood in the right places are all it would take.

it is definitely possible to make that house darker if it is needed.
    Then I am gonna use a headlamp. One fucking thousand lumen with a 200 yards beam https://www.amazon.com/SLONIK-Lumen-.../dp/B07D27L1NR. Except I am not gonna put it on my head. I now have magnets perfectly centered on my game belts, so that's where the lamp is gonna go. With some luck and fresh pain, I'll get some disco lights effect once the Texas star start rotating. Need to remind myself to miss one plate.

I signed up for my first match of this year next weekend. Between ammo situation and just easing back into it, I am going to shoot Single Stack. @GJM is trolling me and telling me to shoot if from AIWB. I almost gave in but fitting 6 mag pouches on a concealed-carry belt would be a bitch so I was able to get out of that trap.
    He was also trolling me into shooting USPSA with my Glock 26/509T because I had fun shooting it today. This one was easy to get out of, the gun has no light rail so no go. Although I admit that it would've been awesome to get a setup where the WML is actually larger than the W in it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

You want to understand the theory, not learning tricks. ...there is more to it then just gripping your heavy gun hard.
    Obviously this is a given.

However, my point was that the flashlight rule is likely to lead to brands and builders doing more optimizing of their weight and weight distribution. Hence my mentioning both the dust cover weight of the CZ's as well as the ability to rebalance a 2011 to decide exactly where to put said weight.

We might very well find that the Atlas "perfect zero engineering" of sight return migrates over to other brands that are currently just "nose heavy" or even the principle being used to choose a specific frame weight to match the load being shot to "shade tree mechanic" the same result for a slight edge.

Having said all of that "gripping your heavy gun hard" is a pretty good starting place for a whole bunch of shooters to start making progress from and generally espoused by a lot of M class guys I've read and listened to as a foundation to build on.

Then I am gonna use a headlamp. One fucking thousand lumen with a 200 yards beam https://www.amazon.com/SLONIK-Lumen-.../dp/B07D27L1NR. Except I am not gonna put it on my head. I now have magnets perfectly centered on my game belts, so that's where the lamp is gonna go. With some luck and fresh pain, I'll get some disco lights effect once the Texas star start rotating. Need to remind myself to miss one plate.

I signed up for my first match of this year next weekend. Between ammo situation and just easing back into it, I am going to shoot Single Stack. @GJM is trolling me and telling me to shoot if from AIWB. I almost gave in but fitting 6 mag pouches on a concealed-carry belt would be a bitch so I was able to get out of that trap.
    He was also trolling me into shooting USPSA with my Glock 26/509T because I had fun shooting it today. This one was easy to get out of, the gun has no light rail so no go. Although I admit that it would've been awesome to get a setup where the WML is actually larger than the W in it.
    LOL. I pretty sure now that we are going to have yet another clarification this week - regarding headlamps. It is actually an awesome idea and I don't think there is anything in the rule book prohibiting that. Awesome!

Picked up my new light and decided to do some dry-fire practice with it. So far I think I’m going to really like the weight advantage! Not sure about running this AIWB though - any leads on a holster would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    Picked up my new light and decided to do some dry-fire practice with it. So far I think I’m going to really like the weight advantage! Not sure about running this AIWB though - any leads on a holster would be appreciated.
    The holsters you are looking for are here:

Name:  B6397223-7365-4262-ABCF-C22BFEC94CD7.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  54.9 KB

Then I am gonna use a headlamp. One fucking thousand lumen with a 200 yards beam.
    Humor aside, even a 300-lumen headlamp *on your head* and an RDS create an interesting phenomenon. Depending on the RDS, height of the headlamp from your eyes, and angles involved, you can get a nice bright ~50-MOA rectangle rather than just a dot from the emitter, because the headlight bounces off the concave lens surface back onto the emitter window and back to the lens.

Virtually impossible to photograph, mind you, because it only works in a very narrow band of alignment between the headlamp, your eye, and the RDS, but easy to see in person.

(I suppose it could also serve as a quick expedient to get your dot back into the “factory zero” setting should you so desire, because you can see exactly where your dot is, mechanically, compared to the emitter window surface.)

(And how long until the old 5-cell Maglight makes a dramatic return to relevance, bolted onto a dust cover??)

Double Alpha bullets out magnetic mag carrier: fail. I’m back to this setup:

And my Commander sticks to the big magnet!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Double Alpha bullets out magnetic mag carrier[/IMG]
    When you said you bought some, I ordered some too...

They also fail for me too.

User Tag List