Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

The underlying current seems to be: “stay away from Stoeger lighting fires if you don’t want to get crispy on both sides.”

Leadership for this organization should be about vision, procedures, and following the Bylaws. Not making rules through emails, making radical changes every 6 months overnight, and telling anyone who does not agree to go fuck yourself. It would be OK without Elon Musk if we had just that for a while.

I was unfamiliar with who Trevor Cotter was before this latest incident with Foley. However, after reading about it I subscribed to his podcast "Bangin' Brass" and look forward to listening. Just started episode one today.

As to Foley, it will be interesting when he eventually runs into someone with an equal lack of impulse control and similar temper issues. Typically the wait is disappointingly long but the fireworks are generally spectacular when this happens in other sports.

"Settle this right here" invites from an official acting in their leadership capacity at official events to enrolled members attending those events would seem to invite a world of expensive liability to the organization. That doesn't seem a smart financial risk to needlessly invite for an org that simple math seems to show rakes in over $1 million cash annually to pursue for damages.

:shrug
    Powered by Moderna

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My understanding is that he was a Match Director, and withdrew himself from a couple of matches because he was distracted with MDing and didn't finish shooting. That's technically not kosher, but hardly cheating that rises to the level of a lifetime ban, IMO.
    I take it the assumption/implication, especially from Foley's comments about "cheating your way to GM," is that this was done in order to get rid of some bad classifier scores?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I take it the assumption/implication, especially from Foley's comments about "cheating your way to GM," is that this was done in order to get rid of some bad classifier scores?
    Who knows? Earlier messages made it sound like Foley was most concerned about the $3 match fee to USPSA.

In any case why was it not a problem until someone unrelated (Ben) made a comment on social media?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Who knows? Earlier messages made it sound like Foley was most concerned about the $3 match fee to USPSA.

In any case why was it not a problem until someone unrelated (Ben) made a comment on social media?
    Because Ben?

I can’t tell if it’s chicken or egg or both.

That is quite confusing, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Because Ben?

I can’t tell if it’s chicken or egg or both.
    It’s like “I hate Donald Trump, so that justifies anything I do to someone else.”
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It’s like “I hate Donald Trump, so that justifies anything I do to someone else.”
    But which one is Donald Trump? Foley or Stoeger?

It’s almost like Foley is Trump and Stoeger is CNN.

If you’re going to hang out with CNN or have your story reported by them with a Trump Derangement slant, are you surprised when you get hit with collateral damage?

Not saying it’s right, but what’s the context of “presidential behavior” and where does the majority of the USPSA types sensibilities lie?

This most recent LoCap thing is like Jake Tapper getting offended.

I could care less about some USPSA member’s integrity or style. I care a lot about the USPSA President’s integrity and style.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List