Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

So...today was the vote, I don’t see anything on the USPSA web site. Anyone know what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So...today was the vote, I don’t see anything on the USPSA web site. Anyone know what happened?
    Not yet. It's PST so it only 3PM

I heard back from my Area director. It was a personal and thoughtful, but non-committal response.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I heard back from my Area director. It was a personal and thoughtful, but non-committal response.
    I just wrote him back. Not sure if he will see it before the vote, but I made some further arguments for removing Foley at any cost.

I still don't see anything posted on the USPSA web site.

From online sources I am following (FB), apparently the board met at 21:00 local time (west coast), but the minutes need to be reviewed, approved and posted, which may take a few days. No other update or information on whether there was, or was not, a vote, nor what the count was if so.

I still don't see anything posted on the USPSA web site.

From online sources I am following (FB), apparently the board met at 21:00 local time (west coast), but the minutes need to be reviewed, approved and posted, which may take a few days. No other update or information on whether there was, or was not, a vote, nor what the count was if so.
    And now we wait.

And now we wait.
    (Foley is like a cockroach. Or bedbugs. After all this, I'm still not confident we will be rid of him.)

(Foley is like a cockroach. Or bedbugs. After all this, I'm still not confident we will be rid of him.)
    I generally don’t think much of politicians regardless of which “side” they’re on.

And in politics I generally don’t see any truth to how much blame of events is actually under their control despite attribution from critics.

I kind of see the Foley thing in a similar way.

And I don’t know who will replace them and whether that’s replacing Trump with Biden.

This isn’t political, it’s an analogy.

It’s also a thing where cultural upbringing colors speech and social appropriateness.

In New York 20 years ago, that kind of speech / aggression / etc was commonly accepted.

Whether I say: “you’re a fucking douche, fuck off you little turd” it might emotionally mean the same as “I don’t appreciate your line of discussion and I would prefer that we don’t continue this line of discourse.”

If the intent and emotion behind it is the same, I don’t personally care what the words are. I care more about the intent but that may just be me.

I’ve heard notable iconic brand ambassadors at matches use homophobic and sexist slurs frequently.

Many in the sport are one Instagram away from being canceled too.

I don’t really care if Foley stays or goes. I don’t think it really matters (see politicians).

It's not his embarrassing and unprofessional conduct that concerns me the most. It is his repeated abuse of power, and disregard for the bylaws. Threatening, bullying, and banning members for trivial and personal reasons is beyond unacceptable for a USPSA president. There is no reasonable reason he should remain in office.

Here are some reasons I've heard, and my responses:

Foley has been good for USPSA. I don't care. That doesn't excuse the terrible things he's done. Fire him.

If we fire Foley, it will cost USPSA a lot of money. I don't care. Fire him and temporarily raise the dues if necessary.

It would be easier to wait until next election. Sometimes things that need to be done aren't easy. Fire him.

I'm worried Foley will sue USPSA and board members personally if we fire him. Don't be governed by fear. USPSA has the resources to defend the organization and board. And the fact that people are scared Foley would do this underscores why he must go. NOW.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-25-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I generally don’t think much of politicians regardless of which “side” they’re on.

And in politics I generally don’t see any truth to how much blame of events is actually under their control despite attribution from critics.

I kind of see the Foley thing in a similar way.

And I don’t know who will replace them and whether that’s replacing Trump with Biden.

This isn’t political, it’s an analogy.

It’s also a thing where cultural upbringing colors speech and social appropriateness.

In New York 20 years ago, that kind of speech / aggression / etc was commonly accepted.

Whether I say: “you’re a fucking douche, fuck off you little turd” it might emotionally mean the same as “I don’t appreciate your line of discussion and I would prefer that we don’t continue this line of discourse.”

If the intent and emotion behind it is the same, I don’t personally care what the words are. I care more about the intent but that may just be me.

I’ve heard notable iconic brand ambassadors at matches use homophobic and sexist slurs frequently.

Many in the sport are one Instagram away from being canceled too.

I don’t really care if Foley stays or goes. I don’t think it really matters (see politicians).
    Foley is a head of the organization with 30K members. It is also a part of the international organization with 108 regions. So I'd prefer someone more stable in his position. Having said that, my biggest problem is not actually his interpersonal skills ( Or lack of them). My problem is I desigree with how he runs it on fundamental level

User Tag List