Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I would go with a trigger weight restriction instead, like IPSC.
    Absolutely. And make it a reasonable weight for a "practical pistol" in PROD/CO. like 6lbs for DA's and 4lbs for strikers

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am more concerned with what if they make low light stages where the WML are nessesary? What if you have to have them? What is next?? Lasers? Bayonets?? What skills are we even testing now??
    You dont need to worry, that is not happening ever. However, it would be badass if it did. It would test important Practical Pistol skills, given that the world is dark roughly half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No one wants to hear my suggestion - Which is remove the steel CZs, Tanfos, Legions, Q5 SF, etc. from Production and Carry Optics.
    I wouldn't have much problems, except for obvious annoyance about loss of personal investment, with that but where do you draw the line? Are Glock 34 or Performance Center MP or purpose designed Beretta Elite 2 OK?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    How about this for the strategy?
    I would love to see a practical shooting becomes an Olympic discipline.

Dude, I was drunk when I said it and you took it for realz...

Seriously though, fuck Putin and Russian doping fuckers. If not for them and Russia could get summer Olympics in near future, we'd be seriously looking at IPSC as a demonstration sport.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would give you a like for this post if you weren’t showing off your eastern bloc knowledge with the CZ spelling.

I was being humble. If I was really throwing it down, I would've spelled it with those blimps over the letters , like that Česká zbrojovka.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So logistically how does that work?

Not sure. As I said, I shot with a full squad from Hi and they had it happen. I am also in A1, along with California folks, and there are enough Open, Limited and PCC guys out of there who shot major matches with normal mags. Perhaps some of them could pitch in. The organization and neighboring states could help out too.
    Production dropping in popularity while CO skyrocketing seems a well agreed on thing, which started to happen coincidentally with CO mag capacity expansion. I don't know if it is good for the future of this division to stay hostage to political influences of anti-gun states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

1. 1911s can be made drop safe without the firing pin safety.

2. A firing pin safety doesn’t guaranty drop safeness. Remember ALL P320s came with FPS.
    Yes, possibly, I mentioned that in #131. Best said, it could be made to pass California drop safety requirements. I think this is as much as we know about it objectively. One of my series 70 that's not for games is sporting Ti pin and XL spring. As I said, it is your concern for enforcement, which I share, that makes me prefer the block.

Well executed safety, including that of current P320, is close. I don't think we should be basing policy developments on fuck-ups such as early P320 fiasco. That said, even those 320s passed SAAMI protocol so, frankly, I'd take that over heavily modded guns that never been tested.

Regardless of enforcement issues and actual efficacy, demanding some drop safety standards is important from mission and legal standpoints. If mission is to promote safe shooting sports than having no drop safety standards at all doesn't jive with current state of affairs in gun design. Legally I think that an event like one in NYS last year has a potential to bring the entire organization down.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What holster will be using? My Floodlight is not optimal, and I am not sure about the resistance from more pointy surfaces on the light. I know the draw doesn’t matter much in USPSA, but I hate to give up much there.

My wife thought the light helped on an X5, but doesn’t plan to use one with a Tungsten infused Legion lower.

Attachment 68568
    I’m using a custom holster made for me by Rick Nitchke of RLN custom. He also made Vogel’s limited holsters and Matt Mink’s production gear back in the day. I wish it fit a boss mount, and ive ordered an RHT for that, but this will do for now.

Name:  AFA0E791-4810-42CC-8CB3-946702A8001F.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  39.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Absolutely. And make it a reasonable weight for a "practical pistol" in PROD/CO. like 6lbs for DA's and 4lbs for strikers
    10 and 5. Make y'all work for it.

It kind of blows my mind that the purpose of making 1911/2011s into Single Stack and Limited was to make production "less gamer". Then they made legal 50 ounce pistols with DA and SA triggers so light they won't always reliably touch off hard primers.

I'll go on record as being opposed to practical shooting as a marquee sport. You'll NEVER attract enough competitors to grow the ranks. Instead you'll provide visual ammunition for the gun grabbers, "They're training to kill us!" Better they don't know you exist.

Or else we'll be shooting at IPSC Coke Bottles on our once a month range visit to see our pistol at the club, UK style. Sporting purposes is the worst excuse to give gun grabbers. And they've exploited it time and time again.

I also think it's silly to argue about competitive advantage/disadvantage with chasing equipment. You either pay to play or you run middle of the pack. Like auto racing - how fast you go is directly proportional to the money you have to spend. At the end of the day it's cheaper (and less stressful) to benchmark yourself and try to beat those benchmarks, than try to keep up with the dudes who spend more on guns an ammo per month than half the country makes in income.

10 and 5. Make y'all work for it.

It kind of blows my mind that the purpose of making 1911/2011s into Single Stack and Limited was to make production "less gamer". Then they made legal 50 ounce pistols with DA and SA triggers so light they won't always reliably touch off hard primers.

I'll go on record as being opposed to practical shooting as a marquee sport. You'll NEVER attract enough competitors to grow the ranks. Instead you'll provide visual ammunition for the gun grabbers, "They're training to kill us!" Better they don't know you exist.

Or else we'll be shooting at IPSC Coke Bottles on our once a month range visit to see our pistol at the club, UK style. Sporting purposes is the worst excuse to give gun grabbers. And they've exploited it time and time again.

I also think it's silly to argue about competitive advantage/disadvantage with chasing equipment. You either pay to play or you run middle of the pack. Like auto racing - how fast you go is directly proportional to the money you have to spend. At the end of the day it's cheaper (and less stressful) to benchmark yourself and try to beat those benchmarks, than try to keep up with the dudes who spend more on guns an ammo per month than half the country makes in income.
    Around AZ, Nils kicks almost everyone’s ass, regardless of division, shooting a Canik.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Instead you'll provide visual ammunition for the gun grabbers, "They're training to kill us!" Better they don't know you exist.

I've long maintained that all it would take is some media sensationalist type to visit a match for USPSA and make an article about how we are training to be mass murdering active shooters... "shoot as many defenseless humanoids in the quickest time possible while inflicting the most damage with the least amount of ammunition!"

The IPSC classic targets seem less visually damning... I wonder if that's why some of the European countries use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    FWIW, I've been running a TLR1 body stuffed with lead on my USPSA limited gun since 2014.

Ironic is that now people who have those lead-stuffed lights for Limited will now have to throw them away and buy frame weights, since "functional light" applies to all divisions.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-08-2021 at 10:35 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

http://www.axonshootingsports.com/

A lot of interesting points are discussed there. Highly recommend
    Last edited by cheby; 03-08-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Absolutely. And make it a reasonable weight for a "practical pistol" in PROD/CO. like 6lbs for DA's and 4lbs for

You dont need to worry, that is not happening ever. However, it would be badass if it did. It would test important Practical Pistol skills, given that the world is dark roughly half the time.
    Triggers- there is no difference between a shadow 2 trigger in single action mode and 2011. Believe me, I have shot both a lot. Triggers can be turned to the point that it is irrelevant. The weight on the other hand is very important in mitigating recoil. That part is the most difficult and important part of shooting. Well, unless you shoot groups with no time limit. But we not talking about that, I hope.

Low light stages. If I remember correctly, 5 or 6 years ago there was a stage at the nationals with low light and a flashlight. You could have an option to shot it one handed or with compromised grip with the flashlight or freestyle with limited vision.

Timmy CO Holster and pouches = $58

Name:  5E710B10-7413-4CF4-8E25-31EBFE1F7050.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  43.2 KB

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/pro...=9547229462580

I have had a number of Bravo Holsters in the past and have really liked them.

Good quality, made in the USA, excellent price point.

This IWB light bearing rig with two mag pouches was total $58.

Instant Timmy Carry Optics setup for not a whole lot of money.

If you had someone with a $500 Glock, $250 Holosun, $60 Holster and a $150 light they’d be good to go.

User Tag List