Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I disagree. When I attend a match that allows for multiple entries, the difference in same shooter, open versus limited is typically much great at B level than at master or above.
    I guess I should clarify what I meant.

It was more of a "if you're a B shooter, really you should focus on other things besides gear... because you're a B shooter..."

Sure, if you want to finish better at a match you can game more... but does it really matter if you finish at 64% versus 61%?

Changing divisions is a completely different thing due to differences in optics and magazine capacity (which does play a significant amount in scoring, I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    My buddy made USPSA Production Master using his IDPA gear and a pretty stock G34 Gen 3.

Gear really doesn't play into it until you get to very high levels.

A WML for a Glock is less than the cost of a local match if you're taking ammo cost into account.

I measured my TLR-1 and TLR-1 HL and they're pretty dimensionally similar. I wonder what the hangup with the RHT is. I think a little heat would fix the issue either way.
    I agree that gear is not what's holding most people back. However, there is a perception among new shooters that it does matter. So if I show up to a match as a new shooter and almost everyone that is serious is running a gamer rig, belt, drop offset holster, magnets, wml, +gun it's going to make people think they need all that stuff to be really competitive.

As someone who just started off in the sport I have heard so many times that gear doesn't matter and it's always the top level people that say it. New people struggle to grasp that. I'm just now getting to the point where I understand what they mean by it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

AIWB now legal in all divisions?

@rj, yes, I am now canting Mag1 and 2. That makes a big difference. The first pouch does hit my leg on a deep squat, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

Holster position: I moved it 3/4” forward to reduce stress on my wrist during the draw. That’s it. Any further forward, and the holster gets in the way without any additional advantage.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, yes, I am now canting Mag1 and 2. That makes a big difference. The first pouch does hit my leg on a deep squat, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

Holster position: I moved it 3/4” forward to reduce stress on my wrist during the draw. That’s it. Any further forward, and the holster gets in the way without any additional advantage.

Where is your magnet? I was pretty skeptical, but my wife proved me wrong.

I had to flip my belt closure to the back to get everything where I wanted it, in terms of placement of stuff in front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Flat magnet is at 11:00. It holds my timer, so that’s useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Was the infraction the camo or wearing shorts?
    General prohibition on camo (https://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgun.pdf)

5.3 Appropriate Dress
    5.3.1 The use of camouflage or other similar types of military or police garments other than by competitors who
    are law enforcement or military personnel is discouraged. The Match Director will be the final authority in
    respect of what garments must not be worn by competitors.

Site Supporter
    So my 5.11 pants on my civilian body would be bad but my Bass Pro cargo pants would be OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    General prohibition on camo (https://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgun.pdf)
    I guess on the one hand, I sort of understand, but other other, that's IDPA-level rules silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Flat magnet is at 11:00. It holds my timer, so that’s useful.

Do you think a magnet that strong could mess up the electronics in the timer?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you think a magnet that strong could mess up the electronics in the timer?
    I hope not. Have to remember to keep my watch away.

User Tag List