Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That was very much not the point of YVK’s post, and if you were taking what others say in context instead of looking to argue you would’ve noticed that.
    Look, I know YVK and I think I know the guy he mentioned. I agree that skillz>everything.i just don't know what that has to do with the rules changes. Is that still the topic of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Look, I know YVK and I think I know the guy he mentioned. I agree that skillz>everything.i just don't know what that has to do with the rules changes. Is that still the topic of this thread?
    Speaking as the person who started the thread, I'm not sure there's much more that's actually new to say on the original topic after 532 posts. I think we're mostly just going back and forth flinging examples the support our positions at each other and trying to "win" at this point. I do feel like there is at least general consensus on two parts of it:

1. The WAY in which USPSA makes rules changes is not ideal
    2. The holster position part of it isn't a huge issue

The only real controversy seems to be around the production weight limit and whether WMLs matter/are an advantage, and if so, how much.

going to be registering for my first uspsa match soon. and was thinking about CO using my p320 with romeo, tlr7, out of a trex side car. Can i use the mag holder that's on the holster ? and as a emergency 3rd mag can i use my back pocket. Also can you tuck your shirt behind the holster or does the draw have to be from concealed. its either that or buy a owb for my p226 and buy mag carriers and shoot production.

Yeah, let's just get rid of the divisions and start looking for overall winners.
    Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Speaking as the person who started the thread, I'm not sure there's much more that's actually new to say on the original topic after 532 posts. I think we're mostly just going back and forth flinging examples the support our positions at each other and trying to "win" at this point. I do feel like there is at least general consensus on two parts of it:

1. The WAY in which USPSA makes rules changes is not ideal
    2. The holster position part of it isn't a huge issue

The only real controversy seems to be around the production weight limit and whether WMLs matter/are an advantage, and if so, how much.
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Excellent post from Brian enos forum:

There used to be clear delineation between the four most popular handgun divisions. So there were choices, ironically with all these changes there is LESS choice, everything is costing more.

Limited and Production were separated by power factor and cost, now it’s just power factor. Same with Open and CO.

USPSA members fall into three main groups.

1. Members who hardly shoot at all.

2. ‘Social’ members who compete at local matches mostly for fun.

3. Competitive members, local, area, state and possible Nationals.

Group 3 is the most affected by these changes. Sadly, they are the minority, and are treated accordingly.
    Last edited by cheby; 05-04-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Excellent post from Brian enos forum:

Limited and Production were separated by power factor and cost, now it’s just power factor. Same with Open and CO.

That’s a pretty extreme exaggeration in my opinion. Especially the CO and open. I can get a top shelf CO setup for under $2,000. Where can I get a reliable open gun for that price? Much less a top shelf open gun?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by david111jr View Post
    going to be registering for my first uspsa match soon. and was thinking about CO using my p320 with romeo, tlr7, out of a trex side car. Can i use the mag holder that's on the holster ? and as a emergency 3rd mag can i use my back pocket. Also can you tuck your shirt behind the holster or does the draw have to be from concealed. its either that or buy a owb for my p226 and buy mag carriers and shoot production.
    You can use the mag pouch and tuck your shirt. I don’t believe you can run a mag from a pocket without getting bumped to open. Since you’re just starting 2 mags should be good if they have extended base plates. You can add gear as you go.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    You can use the mag pouch and tuck your shirt. I don’t believe you can run a mag from a pocket without getting bumped to open. Since you’re just starting 2 mags should be good if they have extended base plates. You can add gear as you go.
    With the change in mag pouch location, front pocket or rear is fine, no bump to open. Previously rear was ok, front got you a bump.

Quote Originally Posted by david111jr View Post
    Concealment is 100% optional in USPSA regardless of holster type/position, and it is legal to reload from a pocket, so you're good to go to try out the sport that way. It's not optimal, but nobody's contending for 1st place their 1st time out anyway, so whatever - be safe, have some fun, and decide on gear to buy later if you decide to get into it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Concealment is 100% optional in USPSA regardless of holster type/position, and it is legal to reload from a pocket, so you're good to go to try out the sport that way. It's not optimal, but nobody's contending for 1st place their 1st time out anyway, so whatever - be safe, have some fun, and decide on gear to buy later if you decide to get into it seriously.

thanks guys. i just want to get into the sport without dropping to much money as ammo is expensive enough.

User Tag List