Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Gamers gonna game

The brass flashlight is here.

Attachment 70468
    Name:  AFD4D500-5479-4072-96B6-C42CD1C61A06.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  1A5045EC-BFB9-430A-88E7-C14D6B61ABC5.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  42.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I moved my mag carriers. It only took a day’s worth of dryfire to burn in the new position, and it is a noticeable advantage—especially for the 1st and last mags.

I will not be using a light/weight. I like the balance and weight of the Shadow2 as it is.
    do you run bullets out or forward?

Everything about bullets out seems like it is mechanically(human) better. The few times I tried it did not work for me, but I am trying to decide if now is the time to make that change since I am all screwed up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    I imagine part of this is most who shoot seriously dont want to have a second position for when we shoot IPSC matches. That's why my mags have been behind the hip even when I shot limited.

Also its so close to nationals I dont see anyone that cares to compete messing with equipment.
    Great points. Do you think we will see more changes going into next season and in CO since nationals is later on?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    do you run bullets out or forward?

Everything about bullets out seems like it is mechanically(human) better. The few times I tried it did not work for me, but I am trying to decide if now is the time to make that change since I am all screwed up anyway.
    Bullets forward. I have exactly the opposite opinion about biomechanics. One hand trajectory from the gun, sweeping across all the mags bullets forward vs. having to find each of 5 or 6 pouches precisely.

I’m confident that running bullets forward was what made it easy to move my mag carriers.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Name:  AFD4D500-5479-4072-96B6-C42CD1C61A06.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  1A5045EC-BFB9-430A-88E7-C14D6B61ABC5.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  42.0 KB
    No offense to you but this kind of attitude makes me really mad, because when someone says this kind of shit to me in an argument, it proves that they aren't using basic logic to understand and evaluate claims. If you believe the flashlight rule is dumb, it's likely because you think having a frame weight is a competitive advantage. If you think having a frame weight is a competitive advantage, and you want to win, you'd be fucking stupid to outright dismiss the idea of using a frame weight. So there's no logical inconsistency or whatever there even if someone dislikes the rule change and ends up putting a frame weight on their gun. I haven't put a light on my gun simply because I'm stubborn and cheap.

Dude man, it’s a game. Take a deep breath and relax. No need to get mad or frustrated at everything. You’ll live longer and have a happier life if you don’t rage all the time.

It doesn’t help the performance either to be blinded by rage or ego. Just have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Dude man, it’s a game. Take a deep breath and relax. No need to get mad or frustrated at everything. You’ll live longer and have a happier life if you don’t rage all the time.

It doesn’t help the performance either to be blinded by rage or ego. Just have fun with it.
    You're one to talk after spending like 3 days going back and forth in someone else's training journal about no look reloads to the point where he stopped posting.

Anyways my point is that memes like that are just intellectual dishonesty. I overstated it when I said it makes me mad. What actually does make me mad is spending too much time arguing back and forth with someone online only to realize they aren't really considering what I'm trying to say. Hence my post. No emotions towards anyone posting that meme but the meme just reminds me of the worst kinds of posters on social media.

At this point the only question I have is what else USPSA could do for timmies to get them to matches and learn to shoot? Nothing seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    You're one to talk after spending like 3 days going back and forth in someone else's training journal about no look reloads to the point where he stopped posting.
    Yes, but I was having fun with it. I’m still having fun with it. If people are so wrapped up in their egos that they ghost after getting online criticism of online journals... then maybe they learned they really don’t want everything that comes along with an online journal.

This is fun for me. I don’t take it seriously because it’s a hobby. Certainly not worthy of any heartburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Anyways my point is that memes like that are just intellectual dishonesty. I overstated it when I said it makes me mad. What actually does make me mad is spending too much time arguing back and forth with someone online only to realize they aren't really considering what I'm trying to say. Hence my post. No emotions towards anyone posting that meme but the meme just reminds me of the worst kinds of posters on social media.
    I think if you’re expecting emotional and intellectual honesty on the internet, you’re going to have a long disappointing road ahead lol.

Pretty much nobody on the internet who argues cares what other people have to say.

User Tag List