Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Well, shit man.

I got your stabby stab flashlight right here!

Attachment 68656

(Just trying to lighten the mood, it ain't that serious... this too shall pass).
    Meh... The pizza cutter attachment was way more useful.

Site Supporter
    NoTac - this is an internet conversation, chill out. I don't have a big issue with anyone. Nor am I offended by anyone's position on a truly personal level. Who isn't afraid to compete hard? However, I'm not hurting myself in a game. That's stupid. In a training scenario, yeah, I will take some risks and have. I'm sure you are a delightful person on a squad.

Was the knife thing stupid for a game - perhaps, but if it's a game I'm going to use it with gusto. I should have described the machete stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Was the knife thing stupid for a game - perhaps, but if it's a game I'm going to use it with gusto. I should have described the machete stage.
    Glenn at a match:
    Name:  machete_ver6.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  47.4 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I hit the target at the junction of neck and collar bone and split it in half. Some guys poked the target with point of the machete and dropped it. Wussies - did I take more time. Damn straight but that SOB knew what he was up against. My LEO squad buddy (named Tim) did the same. I wasn't winning the match but I had fun. Next time, I will put a flashlight on the machete. BTW, just bought a mahogany cane from the Amish with a big brass bulbous handle to whack raving wild beasts when we take walks. I'll have my wife take a timer with us, so I know when to start defending us.

Once had my knee go out when going to kneel behind a barrel, went prone and finished the stage. It was an ouch though. Fell asleep in the MRI as they were scoping the knees. Didn't carry in the MRI room as they have been known to shoot your gun off on its own.

Let's just relax. Big old deer in the backyard last night, looking in the window. Life is ok.

The reality is PF is gonna PF. The gap between competition and tactical worlds here is real and it is growing. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    It's funny because it's actually real. I have seen those bayonets mounted on handguns for real. I guess it's coming to USPSA soon because some "people want" it, you know

Oh man thats a CZ attachment. Cue the CZ vs. Tangfolio elitists, and of course Sig will come out with one, but then drop it for one with two blades six months later...

NEWS FLASH — back to the important stuff, I understand that a USPSA guy has figured out how to source thin batteries with a heavy shield, that maintain a light’s original lumens AND add four more ounces to the light.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    NEWS FLASH — back to the important stuff, I understand that a USPSA guy has figured out how to source thin batteries with a heavy shield, that maintain a light’s original lumens AND add four more ounces to the light.
    Here's how one quick decision creates the unexpected consequences. Tiny keychain flashlight with a brass mount. Can't wait to see it. Ugh

The extra heavy batteries and frameweight with keychain light are both perfect examples of why there needs to be a comment period before rules go into effect. Regardless what people think of the board, I seriously doubt this is what they intended. Even if they change the rules back now, it would be kind of unfair to people who have gone out and bought flashlights and new holsters. It should not be this hard to get the rules right the first time. Same situation as with the slide lightening for CO, exposing this stuff to the whole membership leads to people considering stuff the board probably didn't consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    The extra heavy batteries and frameweight with keychain light are both perfect examples of why there needs to be a comment period before rules go into effect. Regardless what people think of the board, I seriously doubt this is what they intended. Even if they change the rules back now, it would be kind of unfair to people who have gone out and bought flashlights and new holsters. It should not be this hard to get the rules right the first time. Same situation as with the slide lightening for CO, exposing this stuff to the whole membership leads to people considering stuff the board probably didn't consider.
    Exactly, I wish it was some testing period, say, 6 months restricted to level 1 matches only.
    Last edited by cheby; 03-10-2021 at 05:01 PM.

User Tag List