Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    More like 50 but he only got serious a couple of years ago. When his wife got into it and he realized his ass was gonna get kicked soon.
    I know that you would like to be shooting, but since you are stuck on call, all you can do is troll your friends. Everyone knows that 50 is the new 30. It has been so long that I regularly shot Limited, I have a classifier from 1995 still in my USPSA classification record. For the record, Limited was not black powder then.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I know that you would like to be shooting, but since you are stuck on call, all you can do is troll your friends...
    Guilty as charged. February 21st was the last day I didn't have to go to work on, March 20th will be the next day like that. If Mike Foley sent someone to take my call tomorrow on a condition that I could only shoot a J frame out of Enigma during 2021 season, I may take that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It has been so long that I regularly shot Limited, I have a classifier from 1995 still in my USPSA classification record.
    In 1995 I pretty much didn't speak English.

I still don't but on a higher level.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

As someone who considers himself a timmie, I really like these rule changes.

The only gun specific OWB holsters I have are light bearing. Why? Because if Im going to carry a gun OWB, Im gonna carry a light with it as the extra weight/bulk is not very noticeable. Additionally because the only time I would open carry is innawoods where a light is very important or in a theoretical SHTF scenario where I want maximum capability. I dont want to buy or practice with a competition specific holster, I think thats dumb.

For the first time I can actually use a proper holster with my shtf/competition gun. (been using a safariland GLS which is universal)

In addition I think the option to shoot from appendix is really cool and helps bring USPSA more into alignment with its original mission. Obviously serious competitors will not be shooting from any type of concealment so this rule change is irrelevant to them.

I get that this *might* make plastic pistols more competitive with Shadows and Tanfos. I say so what?

In conclusion, as a casual-competitive type of USPSA shooter these rule changes make the sport much more appealing to me. Ill probably go to more matches with more enthusiasm once ammo prices return to semi-normal than I would have otherwise.

Here's a thought - USPSA should offer the ability to select 'CCW' for those who want to shoot from concealment as a category in a manner similar to shooters self-designating as Military, Law Enforcement, Lady, Senior, etc. It will have zero impact on score or anything else, and would essentially work on the 'honor system' as far as enforcing actual concealment, but would allow a way for those who want to shoot from concealment the opportunity to compare scores against similarly equipped shooters. If Clubs want to recognize 'High Concealment', that's their option. Or not.

I'd suggest that (just like IPDA), it be considered acceptable to shed the concealment garment for a classifier stage.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Doubt anyone will, to a 47 oz gun. Question is, especially for production and SS, are you moving your back pouches forward. I know I am.
    I'll probably move my pouches forward by one pouch width. I'm actually pretty happy about that because on my 31" waist, this will bring the 5th pouch into a more accessible location. I rarely use #5, but it's a reach.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'll probably move my pouches forward by one pouch width. I'm actually pretty happy about that because on my 31" waist, this will bring the 5th pouch into a more accessible location. I rarely use #5, but it's a reach.
    Every CO shooter I have discussed this with, is moving their first pouch forward some.

On the CCW designation, I don’t see a concealment draw and one reload adding more than tenths of a second to a typical stage.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Having lots of expectations is a sure fire way to be disappointed.

This seems like your first experience with a sport like this.

Here’s a pro tip. There will never be a “right gun.”

And another pro tip. It doesn’t matter for your game in the foreseeable future.

Commit to your brain that you’ll always lose between 2-5% in equipment. Just work to be that much better.

Bone stock Glock to my tricked out S2 is only about 2-3% in my hands.

I think you’re being overly rigid and dramatic. Don’t take your ball and go home.

Just relax a little and enjoy your sweet gun for what it is. There is never a long term plan in a sport like this.
    Pepperidge Farm remembers a guy named Dave Sevigny and a stock Glock 34. To reinforce @JCN’s point, I wouldn’t worry about a technology race.
    #RESIST

So, I adjusted my pouch position, just a tiny bit.

Name:  20210307_223315.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  49.0 KB

Now gotta remember to bring my 3G belt to matches for prone stages.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I think many are blowing this holster thing out of proportion. The holster position rule was problematic. It wasn’t enforced well on both ends of the spectrum. Many didn’t enforce it, then others were getting jammed up by being an inch too far forward.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    From what I heard, they also voted on Production to 15 rounds, and elimination of L10 Both motions failed
    I still see a need for these divisions. We have people that want to compete nationally but still live in restrictive states. If these motions were passed, it would severely limit their options.

User Tag List