Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Son on the Honor Roll

My Son on the Honor Roll

I'm very proud of my 10 year old with ADHD and Autism being on the Honor Roll the second time this school year with Distance Learning being an absolute shit show. Tons of credit to my Wife for working her full time job while assisting my 6yo and 10yo who both have ADHD and Autism. She's been very stressed out doing ten jobs a day, but it's little victories like this that make it all worth it.

Site Supporter
    Outstanding and Amen.

You will never regret the time, talent and treasure spent on your children.

Buy her something nice out of the blue that she might not buy for herself. Buy yourself something not quite as nice too.

Blessings to you and yours.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Outstanding and Amen.

Buy her something nice out of the blue that she might not buy for herself. Buy yourself something not quite as nice too.

That is a great idea, I usually buy her things at non-traditional times but I think I'm going to get her something this weekend

This is no little victory. This is HUGE. A student with significant challenges made good under conditions that are far more difficult than normal. Hats off to ALL of you.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Outstanding and Amen.

Excellent idea, but also take a few minutes to write her a note telling her what you just told us. She will treasure it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Nice work all around!

Site Supporter
    Very cool.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Thank you everyone! We deeply appreciate the encouragement, it’s not an easy journey but we intend to help our boys be the best they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I'm very proud of my 10 year old with ADHD and Autism being on the Honor Roll the second time this school year with Distance Learning being an absolute shit show. Tons of credit to my Wife for working her full time job while assisting my 6yo and 10yo who both have ADHD and Autism. She's been very stressed out doing ten jobs a day, but it's HUGE victories like this that make it all worth it.
    Excellent! I corrected your OP.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Excellent! I corrected your OP.

Thank you!

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but our Older Offspring is on the spectrum (and might have mild ADHD). She's valedictorian of her class, and a delightful human being. It took a lot of therapy, intervention, and just plain grit from the wife and me to get her to this point, but I believe it's possible to get these kids to parity with their peers where their gifts can come out and they can be seem as "normal" (if quirky). Keep at it; you can do it.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List