Thread: S&W 439 in the House

S&W 439 in the House

Went by one of the local gun shops that I hadn’t visited in quite sometime, certainly before the China Virus hit...
    As usual, my first stop was the used counter where a 439 was on display in all its glory! Priced out at $499 with two original magazines, but no box or papers. Upon a closer examination, it appeared pristine. With purchase document in hand, I picked the pistol up yesterday. Out the door at $349 plus Chancellor Kuomo’s tax levy.
    Roy Jinks the S&W Historian and all around Smith and Wesson Guru says it left the factory in October’ 87, and a serial number check reveals that I’m the third owner, the first being a fellow retired SCPD officer I knew back in the day. Neat addition. It deserves some Old School love...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not knocking your pistol, but I never liked the shape of that trigger guard.....then. Now......it fits right in.....and I like it a lot. I think Glock helped us get use to that style trigger guard. Elongated with a flat front and enlarged enough to get a gloved finger in there with room to spare.

My first S&W auto was a model 59 (blue) back in the mid-70's. I have a used 5906 4" stainless. Great trigger pull.

So jealous of your 439. Looks outstanding. Many congratulations.....

Nice score. Time to call Sparks and get a retro holster for your retro gun.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Classic firearm at a very good price. Must be all your clean living paying off. Congrats.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Yes, was a classy Nine then and it has added to that panache since. Nice find. I recently saw some mags for sale for the 39 over in the Accessories for Sale section of Smith and Wesson forum. com.

Wouldn't mind finding one of those myself.

User Tag List