Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Might be in the market for a new gun, looking for opinions.

Having pocket toted the Glock 27 at some point, it and the 26 are a touch too big as pocket guns. It's kind of doable, but not really. Which means if you get a 26, you would probably carry it on your belt somehow (IWB or AIWB), and a 19 would work about as well in that role.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I see the G19 as neither-fish-nor-fowl, as I could conceal a G17 anywhere I could conceal a G19, except AIWB, where the longer G17 grip made a difference, and, neither was tolerably comfortable at AIWB, making that difference a moot point. A G26 is just small enough for me to have used mine as a pocket gun, in some pockets, and, while in uniform, as an ankle-carry gun. I phased-out all of my “compact” 9mm Glocks, after my right wrist went gimp*, but now wish I had kept the G26, as a lefty-only weapon, so, I will be in the market for a replacement G26, when the market returns to normal.

*If a Glock’s grip is long enough to reach far enough to firmly brace against the “heel bone” of my hand, it remains “orthopedic” enough. G17, G19x, G45, etc., are now my friends.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-06-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

It's interesting that Glocks have gotten to the point where you can get one that has pretty much any dimension chopped down. Barrel length, grip length, or frame width. Pretty much every choice is now available.

...and there's always a "next one" to buy to as you iron out your carry and gun handling too it seems.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    It's interesting that Glocks have gotten to the point where you can get one that has pretty much any dimension chopped down. Barrel length, grip length, or frame width. Pretty much every choice is now available.

...and there's always a "next one" to buy to as you iron out your carry and gun handling too it seems.
    One of many reasons why I’m all: “Glock, I caint quit you”

I will say that finally getting a phlster enigma last week has cured me of any wants for a glock 43 or 48. Which keeps logistics easier.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post

Except for the blazingly fucking obvious options of 19 slide/26 grip and 17 slide/19 grip.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Except for the blazingly fucking obvious options of 19 slide/26 grip and 17 slide/19 grip.
    I want a 26 slide on a 19 grip because reasons.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I want a 26 slide on a 19 grip because reasons.
    Me too... So I can comp it and it's still reasonable length.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Lol, every time I think I have an answer I get a firm, well-reasoned argument for a different choice. Thanks, y'all, genuinely.
    That just means there is no clear right answer and you have a lot of very good options. I started with a G17 and added a G26. Then I added another G17. For a long time I didn't see much point in having a G19 as I carried the G26 and shot (a little) IDPA with a G17. Finally I bought a G19 and pretty much quit shooting the G17 and G26 (though I still shoot the G26 a little bit since I still carry it some). The G43 is sub-optimal in a lot of ways, but I can carry it when I can't carry a double stack pistol, including in my pocket. I need to shoot it more. If I just had a G17 and a G43, I'd shoot the 43 a lot more. They are all good pistols, and I think optimizing around what will allow you carry a pistol the greatest percentage of the time is a good way to address the problem. Once you have the bookends, then you can fill in toward the middle.

Lastly, buy some AR mags now! Buy some more G17 and G19 mags now!

User Tag List