Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apparently pregnant women aren’t a threat to you - dumbest law I’ve ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I believe the effective date in this terrific piece of legislation should be April 1st, not April 12th.
    Not according to the Legislature.

Name:  87025C5E-1CDA-4D2F-BAA6-0FC8F94E71A0.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  23.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I believe it also said you cannot confine her either.

How times have changed. Very early in my career, a couple detectives from your agency came down and arrested one of our residents for robbery. She was nine months pregnant and I remember them telling her that if she went into labor, they would take her to the hospital, then return her to the jail after the delivery.
    I believe that. And the Prosecutor back then would have signed off on it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Georgia passed such a law a year or two ago. When I spoke to my representative about it and pointed out all of the downfalls with it, his response was, "I know, but how could I argue against it?".

The "face" of the bill here was a woman who claimed to have fallen while shackled resulting in a miscarriage.
    I suspect my response to the representative would be "How could I ever vote for you again? How could our FOP and the chiefs' association not endorse anyone running against you?". I am convinced that you cannot reason with leftist politicians about rising crime rates or officer safety and morale. The only think they will care about is blowback in the next election.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Not according to the Legislature.

Name:  87025C5E-1CDA-4D2F-BAA6-0FC8F94E71A0.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  23.3 KB

Lon - welcome to my sometimes non-existent or impossible to understand - sense of humor. When I suggested April 1st - I meant because it's April Fool's Day. I've never learned that if you have to explain a joke, it probably isn't funny.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Lon - welcome to my sometimes non-existent or impossible to understand - sense of humor. When I suggested April 1st - I meant because it's April Fool's Day. I've never learned that if you have to explain a joke, it probably isn't funny.
    🤦*♂️

Totally missed that. I wish it was an April Fool’s joke. 🤣
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So the Ohio Legislature snuck this gem in during their lame duck session back in December. New law that makes it illegal, yes illegal, to handcuff or restrain a pregnant women or a women that’s up to 6 weeks post partum unless it’s an “emergency circumstance”. If we know she’s pregnant. No guidance on what “know” means. Oh yeah, and if it is an emergency circumstance we have to call her doctor after things calm down and let them know. And picking up a prisoner at a jail prison? Basically have to get a doctors permission to use handcuffs. Violating this gem is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

Can’t wait until the turds figure this out. Every female will tell us she’s pregnant.

Goes into effect April 12. Haven’t received any guidance from the State yet. This is gonna be interesting.

https://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/.../05?format=pdf
    And wait until the senate approves the removal of qualified immunity. Fun times, ahead.

User Tag List