Thread: Vickers Machine Gun Brutality

Site Supporter

Vickers Machine Gun Brutality

Watch a dude from England killing it running a tripod mounted MG on a remote match 2 gun stage. Also, their channel has a lot of great content on how the Brits were running belt feds back in the day.

im strong, i can run faster than train

I just watched that a few days ago after seeing it mentioned by Britishmuzzleloaders. I have zero interest in reenacting, but have found the YouTube content regarding historical employment of military small arms to be a fascinating subject.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 60pilot View Post
    I just watched that a few days ago after seeing it mentioned by Britishmuzzleloaders. I have zero interest in reenacting, but have found the YouTube content regarding historical employment of military small arms to be a fascinating subject.
    Once I got past the reenactor/cosplayness of dressing up in period gear I realized how much good historic info from primary sources Britishmuzzleloaders was putting out. His series on the Battle of Isandlwana (part of the Zulu wars) was probably more information rich than anything I’ve seen on TV. And I’m waiting on the next video in his battle of Inkerman series.

The Paper Cartridge Channel and FTG history produce similar content and are also worth a watch if you haven’t found them yet.

Goodness.
    One, the video reminds you of British misfortune/indignity of firing blanks.
    The fellow does a yeoman’s job heaving that nearly 100lbs up and down range, stumbling towards the end.
    I really noticed what it meant to “give them the whole nine yards” from a Vickers gun as he drug the belt across the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Once I got past the reenactor/cosplayness of dressing up in period gear I realized how much good historic info from primary sources Britishmuzzleloaders was putting out. His series on the Battle of Isandlwana (part of the Zulu wars) was probably more information rich than anything I’ve seen on TV. And I’m waiting on the next video in his battle of Inkerman series.

The Paper Cartridge Channel and FTG history produce similar content and are also worth a watch if you haven’t found them yet.
    Thanks, I’ll definitely check those out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    Goodness.
    One, the video reminds you of British misfortune/indignity of firing blanks.
    The fellow does a yeoman’s job heaving that nearly 100lbs up and down range, stumbling towards the end.
    I really noticed what it meant to “give them the whole nine yards” from a Vickers gun as he drug the belt across the range.
    Blanks were sad, for sure, but I think just hauling the thing said a lot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Blanks were sad, for sure, but I think just hauling the thing said a lot.
    Yeah, and it is a live machine gun, they just couldn’t find a range that would let them run that stage.

User Tag List