Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "SAS" Style

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Could also be a movie or reenactment where they used the current P226 vs. the period correct BHP? All in all, it does seem like there's some sort of a glitch in the Matrix...
    I suspect this is it. They did a movie recently about Princess Gate (totally superfluous given the 80s awesomeness that is The Final Option despite the terrorist being Commies instead of anti Ayatollah Iranians) and I bet this photo is a still from that movie. *Leave it to British Hollywood to screw something like this up.

That holster doesn’t look right either, it almost looks like a SLS hood which would definitely be a glitch in the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I think it means he filed off the slide release so it won’t snag... and drew a largely erroneous parallel to the gimmicky anti-snag treatment Sig used to offer.
    I know the Sig hate is strong around here and certainly some of their rainbow guns and other atrocities deserve ridicule, but for the most part, the anti-snag treatment was a rounding/tapering of the sharp edges on the slide at the muzzle and at the rear. This could theoretically make holstering easier and gave the gun a more comfortable profile when carried inside a waistband. It also removes the light rails on guns otherwise equipped with one. The tapered slides on Glocks don't seem to be considered gimmicks.

Name:  SAS.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  100.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I know the Sig hate is strong around here and certainly some of their rainbow guns and other atrocities deserve ridicule, but for the most part, the anti-snag treatment was a rounding/tapering of the sharp edges on the slide at the muzzle and at the rear. This could theoretically make holstering easier and gave the gun a more comfortable profile when carried inside a waistband. It also removes the light rails on guns otherwise equipped with one. The tapered slides on Glocks don't seem to be considered gimmicks.

Name:  SAS.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  100.2 KB
    That's not the one people are making fun of, the P365 SAS is the one and the following pics should explain why:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's not the one people are making fun of, the P365 SAS is the one and the following pics should explain why:

I very well may be the person here with the most trigger time behind one of these (a friend has one) and I really don’t find it bad. Then again, I used to shoot a Guttersnipe.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I interpreted the phrase "gimmicky anti-snag treatment Sig used to offer" more broadly. Maybe misunderstood

I am not particularly a p365 fan but that doesn't seem as bad as some of the or the guns, current and past they came up with. That seems like a re-creation of the old "guttersnipe" sight maybe? Not sure I see the point or advantage except for the old joke about filing donw the sights so it doesn't hurt so much when someone, well, I'm sure you know the phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I very well may be the person here with the most trigger time behind one of these (a friend has one) and I really don’t find it bad. Then again, I used to shoot a Guttersnipe.
    I imagine it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of folk make it out to be and nowhere near as good as the marketing make it out to be., but I have no experience shooting one.

Still, if I want something totally snag free to draw easily from a pocket, my pre lock 442 will do the job nicely.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I carry a standard P365 more than any other gun, both IWB and in a pocket holster. The standard model is completely snag-free. The SAS version is a solution to a non-existent problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The SAS version is a solution to a non-existent problem.
    ...unless it's the age old problem of separating a fool from his money.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    ...unless it's the age old problem of separating a fool from his money.
    Very good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I suspect this is it. They did a movie recently about Princess Gate (totally superfluous given the 80s awesomeness that is The Final Option despite the terrorist being Commies instead of anti Ayatollah Iranians) and I bet this photo is a still from that movie. *Leave it to British Hollywood to screw something like this up.

That holster doesn’t look right either, it almost looks like a SLS hood which would definitely be a glitch in the Matrix.
    This is a fairly famous photo from the mid-late 80's that was in a lot of those "Elite Forces" type books. It's simply an SAS training/capability demo photo from that time period. Nothing more, nothing less.

User Tag List