Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "SAS" Style

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I've used the SAS sights and have had them come through CCW and BUG training. They can work, but are harder work. Slide indexing up close is easy, but they obscure smaller low% shots up close and larger targets at distance. They aren't even as good as basic J frame grooves and ramps. Mostly a marketing gimmick, and smartly choosing a set of irons is a better course of action. Not allowed for anyone I'm responsible for. I'd ban them from other stuff, but sometimes (and in the last year especially) it might be the only gun they have and they may as well learn to use it.

I like this from Karl Rehn on the SAS sights, here: https://blog.krtraining.com/365-sas-sights/
    I am not at all surprised by your assessment of the sight on the SAS, and am curious about your impression of its usability in low light, just in case that is all that someone who is new to concealed carry is able to purchase.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Maybe the guy in the photos doesn't have a right thumb anymore, hence the slide stop is of no use to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    I did the same thing on my Gen2 G19. It’s been my primary CCW for more than 20 years. Also shot a little USPSA and a lot of IDPA with it. My thumb would inadvertently depress the slide stop so it never locked back on empties. Using an empty mag or a careful fingernail to lock the slide open administratively, when (rarely) called for was the lesser of two evils.
    The "failure to lock back because thumb" is a standard thing for classic Sig shooters. They learn to hold their thumbs so it doesn't happen, or they sell the Sig and buy a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I can’t unsee the duck on the back of that thing.
    It just needs paint. Mallard, or...

I'll give a PF dollar to the first person to post a photo of their P365 with the duck painted.

Name:  duck_hunt_nes.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  55.4 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am not at all surprised by your assessment of the sight on the SAS, and am curious about your impression of its usability in low light, just in case that is all that someone who is new to concealed carry is able to purchase.
    Don't remember using one in low light, but I'll do that. Thanks for the prompt.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's not the one people are making fun of, the P365 SAS is the one and the following pics should explain why:

Bear gun.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I must have misunderstood your comment.
    I checked the SIG site this evening, and unfortunately, the gimmicky is still strong.

Attachment 68293

Even Snoop would pass on this.

Is it something in the water that causes this? Too much dissolved granite?
    You laugh (and SIG is laughing all the way to the bank), but I bought a P238 with that finish (rainbow titanium) for my daughter several years ago. If a fancy finish is what it took for her to practice and get her carry permit, then so be it. She also has a purple Tactical Solutions upper for her Ruger Mark II and a purple Ruger LC9. Just like I have my aesthetic choices, so does she. She prefers shooting "pretty guns" as does her mother.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I like pretty guns as well. An old-school S&W with that old-school bluing is pretty to me. Add some nice walnut stocks, it's even prettier.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'll give a PF dollar to the first person to post a photo of their P365 with the duck painted.
    I'm going to have to buy one of these just so I can do this.

Name:  sigduck.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  48.9 KB

User Tag List