Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viewership: Golden Globes vs President Trump

Viewership: Golden Globes vs President Trump

Anyone notice this? Golden Globes got 5.4 million viewers, President Trump clocked at over 31 million. There are probably many possible explanations, but the spread is astonishing.

Golden Globes: https://mediafrolic.com/golden-globe...speech-online/

President Trump: https://defconnews.com/2021/03/02/mo...trumps-speech/

I've never understood why people would watch a bunch of Hollywood people giving awards to a bunch of Hollywood people. Who gives a shit?
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I've never understood why people would watch a bunch of Hollywood people giving awards to a bunch of Hollywood people. Who gives a shit?
    Excuse me? How dare you, sir?

You do know, don't you, that they portray the lives of others who have purportedly actually done things out in the real world...and as a result have absorbed their wisdom which grants them the authority to tell you how to live your menial little life...until their little glass houses are shattered in the press they so adore.

How could they not shower one another with praise and adulation?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    It's so the design-fashion industry doesn't die faster than it already is. But again, who gives a shit?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I don't doubt Trump's speech drew bigger numbers but have you got a source who doesn't label their content "Crazy Joe," "Nasty Pelosi" and "American Haters?" LOL.

I am actually surprised that Golden Globes got that many viewers. Probably the same people who still watch TV news. I canceled my TV cable back in 2009 and I thought I was a little late doing so.
    Last edited by cheby; 03-02-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Amy Pohler needs to sue her plastic surgeon.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Anyone notice this? Golden Globes got 5.4 million viewers, President Trump clocked at over 31 million. There are probably many possible explanations, but the spread is astonishing.
    I'm a fan of President Trump, but the numbers are not "apples to apples".

Those are 5.4 million TV viewers who watched the Golden Globes on NBC, and 31 million who watched Trump on social media (whatever that encompasses).

My kid watched the Golden Globes, and I saw some of it as I passed through the room. It was pretty lame, and certainly understandable why it was so poorly viewed. I did catch some of Mark Ruffalo's gobbledygook acceptance speech for some role in some show. It seemed incredibly stupid, and without a transcript I don't really know what he said, but he rambled on for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am actually surprised that Golden Globes got that many viewers. Probably the same people who still watch TV news. I canceled my TV cable back in 2009 and I thought I was a little late doing so.
    We haven't had cable or dish for roughly the same amount of time. I called the dish company to come and get their dish and they told me to keep it. I guess it's a dying business.

Anyway, I rigged it up to communicate with the mother ship.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-02-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

There was only one reason to watch the Golden Globes and that was last year:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List