Thread: Tim Herron Shooting “Practical Performance” May 1 & 2, 2021 Prescott, AZ

Tim Herron Shooting “Practical Performance” May 1 & 2, 2021 Prescott, AZ

Name:  448CD1C8-75A8-4310-BCF3-995B87DBB6B9.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  35.0 KB

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tim-her...?aff=ebdssbeac

Classes consist of 10-12 students, and are normally two days long. Classes are focused on the practical shooting skills that will help you more confidently plan, tackle, and shave time from your stages. While this class does contain some advanced fundamentals, the class is mostly dynamic and stage oriented. Because this class doesn’t include a great deal of “firing line” type fundamentals training, we wont burn through ammo like a regular class. Therefore, the round counts are bit lower than what you might have seen at traditional 2-day classes in the past – we will make them count. I am a firm believer that when it comes to proper practice, quality is much more important than quantity, so this class will also cover principles of efficient practice, and how to structure your practices to identify and address your weaknesses.

Class Fees:

2-Day Practical Performance Class (600 rounds) - $475*

*Base fee per student - this does not include any range or material fees necessary for the class, your class organizer will let you know if these apply.

9090 Forest Road 71
    Kirkland, AZ 86332

Curriculum:

Space allowing, we will set up a full stage, for students to run through at the beginning of class. The stage will include a number of elements such as entries and exits, opportunities to shoot on the move, awkward positions, close and far targets, and high risk arrays. This first run through will be an assessment tool, helping the instructor to figure out your shooting style and where improvements can be made. Throughout the class we will occasionally revisit this stage, and use parts of it to isolate and develop skills, and set up drills.

In addition, we'll be covering the following topics:

Day 1

1. Overview of gear setup/optimization

2. Small discussion on grip/stance/draws

3. Group shooting

4. Dot drills w/o timer and w/ timer

5. Discussion/demo on importance of trigger control and sight management

6. Transitions

7. Sight deviation and acceptable risk

8. Reloads/Unloaded starts/Table starts

9. Putting it all together (4 aces, El Prez, Accelerator)

Day 2

1. Movement (side to side, downrange/uprange)

2. Positioning and how to set up properly (barricades, ports, leans)

3. Entries/Exits

4. Importance of having gun up ready to shoot ALWAYS

5. Stage planning (visualization, self talk)

6. Stage shooting and performance improvement and evaluation

IMPORTANT TO KNOW:

Round Counts: The round counts provided are SAFE ESTIMATES. You may not shoot all of them. If you want to bring twice as many, that's up to you. If you can only afford to bring half as much, give me a heads up and we'll adjust accordingly.

Equipment: Please, please, PLEASE make sure you have working, proven equipment, ammunition that runs, spare batteries (if you have an optic), and a backup if you think you'll need it. Malfunctions and consistent issues hinder your ability to learn, and you'll be wasting good money on a learning experience that's punctuated by gun or ammo problems. I hate to see students lose out on knowledge and training because of equipment issues. I cannot stress enough - I want you to get the most out of any class that you can - please make sure your equipment is running, zeroed, and proven.

Sustainment: You can't live without water, it's probably a fact. There’s a huge mental component to shooting. Please bring enough water and food to keep you and your brain going.
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

I took this class back in December and really enjoyed it. Tim is a great instructor, and helped me realize some serious gains in match performance.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Still Slots available! Sign up now!
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

User Tag List