Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit this absolutely idiotic ghost gun survey

Site Supporter
    Yes, that was an extra special sauce survey.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think we have a winner.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    They say a ghost gun could look like a K frame. I've said plenty of times that a modern S&W revolver is an almost-ready-to-fire firearm kit, but every one I've seen still came with a serial number. I'd also be interested in the 80 percent B92 or semi-auto shotgun. And sweet retro build someone apparently did on an AR...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I took it twice and will take it again tomorrow at work.
    Yeah, I might take this at each coffeehouse that I pass through, until the survey closes.

I am happy to say that my answers included, in order:

“Khyber Pass”
    “Marxist ideologues”
    and
    “Vetted, published experts in gun policy.”

I am sad to say that I didn’t think of @Nephrology’s response. Clever though I may be, I failed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

I am sad to say that I didn’t think of @Nephrology’s response. Clever though I may be, I failed.
    I put the NRA but the Constitution is a better answer.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    My Wife is about to finish her Master's through JHU's distance learning program. Depressing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Plagiarized.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    They say a ghost gun could look like a K frame. I've said plenty of times that a modern S&W revolver is an almost-ready-to-fire firearm kit, but every one I've seen still came with a serial number. I'd also be interested in the 80 percent B92 or semi-auto shotgun. And sweet retro build someone apparently did on an AR...
    The more I think about this, the more it becomes obvious that the purpose of Bloomberg's survey is not to acquire information about peoples' thoughts, but to shape peoples' thoughts and emotional reactions by distributing disinformation. It is nothing but propaganda, pure and simple.

Let's be real. When we're talking about self-made guns that might be used in crimes, we're talking about 80 percent Glock knockoffs and ARs.

I've never heard of an 80 percent or someone building their own Beretta 92 from scratch.

I've never heard of an 80 percent or someone building their own shotgun from scratch (other than using plumbing materials from Home Depot to make a political point).

I've never heard of an 80 percent or someone building their own revolver from scratch.

There are probably a few people who build 80 percent lowers into retro rifles with fixed stock and carry handle just because, but those aren't typical, and those aren't the ones most likely to be used in crimes.

Yet, those are the examples the Bloomberg school puts in its survey to indicate what a "ghost gun" could look like.

The information that the survey pushes out at those who take it maps perfectly onto the disinformation message that all guns are bad and scary and all guns are to be associated with criminality. That's the point of the activity. They aren't doing it to learn what people already think.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

In a couple of months, when Congress proposes a new law, be on the lookout for a quote that says "According to study conducted in 2021 by a non-partisan academic institution, 83 percent of the public is concerned about the growing threat of ghost guns and is in favor of common-sense laws to protect their communities."

User Tag List