Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss the boat? Have we talked about these speedloader Pouches?

Site Supporter

Did I miss the boat? Have we talked about these speedloader Pouches?

I got an email from simply rugged tonight highlighting some of their products. One of these was the sidewinder Speedloader/moon clip pouches. They sit the pouch sideways on top fo the belt. I have been using the split 6 to carry most speed loaders, but these peaked my interest. I ordered a couple for the K-frame/Colt D frame. If they work out I will be getting some for the Python/L frame/Gp100 loaders as well.

If any one has experience with these please let me know. I think they said its about 3-4 weeks out on production items.

Sidewinder Speedloader/Moon clip pouch

That's cool. That's an old Grant Cunningham design, it was once made by Crossbreed, but has been discontinued for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I got an email from simply rugged tonight highlighting some of their products. One of these was the sidewinder Speedloader/moon clip pouches. They sit the pouch sideways on top fo the belt. I have been using the split 6 to carry most speed loaders, but these peaked my interest. I ordered a couple for the K-frame/Colt D frame. If they work out I will be getting some for the Python/L frame/Gp100 loaders as well.

If any one has experience with these please let me know. I think they said its about 3-4 weeks out on production items.

Sidewinder Speedloader/Moon clip pouch
    Grant's wife Chris Cunningham did a wonderful job crafting those. It's good to see them available again.

Did I miss the boat? Have we talked about these speedloader Pouches?

Wow, those look cool, and less than I paid 10 years ago for the Kydex crap I used to run in IDPA.

Those might actually convert me to strong-side reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Grant's wife Chris Cunningham did a wonderful job crafting those. It's good to see them available again.
    She did and was an amazing leather artist in her own right!

Mas, we really need you convince Grant to write us a book on customizing and repairing Colt revolvers. Him being gone from the Colt world is a real loss to a shrinking pool of qualified smiths to do that work. I get why he retired, but it would be great for institutional knowledge to not be lost. Grant's proclivity for writing and his generally informative photography would be incredibly useful overall.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    She did and was an amazing leather artist in her own right!

Mas, we really need you convince Grant to write us a book on customizing and repairing Colt revolvers. Him being gone from the Colt world is a real loss to a shrinking pool of qualified smiths to do that work. I get why he retired, but it would be great for institutional knowledge to not be lost. Grant's proclivity for writing and his generally informative photography would be incredibly useful overall.

Request has been passed along.

Just heard back from Grant, @Revolver Rob; he doesn't think there's enough demand to warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Just heard back from Grant, @Revolver Rob; he doesn't think there's enough demand to warrant it.
    I can think of three of us on PF that would buy it. Is that not enough?

With on demand publishing being a thing now, maybe that’s an option? Or something like the Iowegan Book of Knowledge for the GP100?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I use the ted blocker speedloader belt clips. Only work with a dress belt or nylon belt, leather gun belts are too thick

they work with my SL variants so win win for me. Jetloaders have the spring in way but I can make them fit too

https://tedblockerholsters.com/produ...eedloader-clip

as for field work and split pouches I took 03RN advice and modified the safariland split six with chicago screws for my regular belt
    Last edited by eb07; 11-16-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That's cool. That's an old Grant Cunningham design, it was once made by Crossbreed, but has been discontinued for years.
    Can you help me understand how these work? Do you unsnap them to get at the loader? Or push them out from the side?

User Tag List