Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M10 2" SB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

M10 2" SB

One is up on GB: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893485868

There isn't a turn line. Whether that means that this gun has lived in a sock drawer for the last fifty years or if it's been touched up a bit, I can't say.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I'd go with refinished. Looks like the frame is dished right in front of the yoke screw. It's also pretty dull for a 10-5, and those grips have some miles on them. Maybe refinished and then put in a sock drawer.

Nice.

I feel like I have a k frame addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'd go with refinished. Looks like the frame is dished right in front of the yoke screw. It's also pretty dull for a 10-5, and those grips have some miles on them. Maybe refinished and then put in a sock drawer.
    Id prefer a refinished gun, as long as the price reflects it.

Definitely at least handled on the regular. The backstrap is quite finish worn. May just be the lighting but seems refinished, as well. And linking the auction to a buddy in the market for a 2" to match his set of square butt Hip-Grips.

I just zoomed in on the auction pics. It has definitely been refinished, and was done so over pitting on the frame, side plate and cylinder. Looks like a bit on the yoke, too.
    I wouldn't worry about keeping this one pristine, but it's no gleaming jewel.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I just zoomed in on the auction pics. It has definitely been refinished, and was done so over pitting on the frame, side plate and cylinder. Looks like a bit on the yoke, too.
    I wouldn't worry about keeping this one pristine, but it's no gleaming jewel.
    Assuming it's mechanically sound, it'd be a good carry gun then.

I'm with Lex. Definitely refinished. It's already priced higher than I would go. I'd worry about what's going on inside.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    ...It's already priced higher than I would go...
    Excellent! Showed the listing to my buddy and he's heading home to his computer to place a bid as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Excellent! Showed the listing to my buddy and he's heading home to his computer to place a bid as I type.
    May it have a lovely bore, even forcing cone, well adjusted hand, and a fine trigger.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List