Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consignment brokers on Gunbroker

A friend of mine had dealings with Jack The Dog in the past and found it super easy. He was disposing of guns in a divorce and it was painless dealing with Jack. My friend bought and traded guns quite a bit (to the point I really think he needed an FFL) and was reasonably certain he wound up with as much, if not more money than if he had tried to deal the guns himself, because of Jack's exposure and reputation.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I have sold dozens of guns over the last decade with both Kasey (Locust Fork) and Woodlawn Boys (David). Both have been great to deal with.

What I discovered is that while I have been buying and selling on Gunbroker for >20 years, 300+ transactions, both those have a HUGE following that generates many more eyeballs than my most carefully thought out listing. I have seen my revenue go up 10-20% in my estimation over what I thought would get for the things they have sold. In every case I felt like I got more money.

Plus as you cite all the headaches and added expense of dealing with either my local FFL (if the seller's FFL requires it to come from an FFL instead of an individual, or if I want to ship Priority Mail) or verifying the remote FFL or dealing with Fedex or UPS and their sky high rates, taking a decent set of pictures, etc. etc. etc. Several times my auctions have had the unavoidable non-paying bidders, but I never had to deal with any of it. They simply sold them again and it appeared on my report (both do a good job of reporting status and the sale process).

You never have to worry about if you got the best market value, you got the definition of the real market value they way they run their auctions. Both those folks have purpose constructed studios and good photographers.

For both those sellers, they take 10% plus gunbroker fees which ends up being just less than 15% of the final sale price. Kasey (Locust Fork) has several items I dropped off last week, as there will never be a better time to clean out the safe.

Locust Fork does stuff across the spectrum. Woodlawn Boys is specialized, I would only give David something that was Colt or S&W handguns, and especially something with some collector interest. Kasey (Locust Fork) managed to get rid of unwanted AR's for me this summer at prices that astounded me. She sold a friend's HK long gun collection this year and he felt like he got 20% more than his best offer locally.

There are clearly a half dozen others, including those named in this thread, with the same business model, accomplishing the same thing for their customers. Those two just happen to be within easy driving distance for me to drop items. For collections, I know Kasey has driven as far as Utah to pick them up.

I would add I have sold a number of guns here and never had a bad experience. But a lot of the stuff I have gotten rid of the last two years are things that I perceived high collector interest instead of shooter interest like I think folks here are all about.
    Do you have contact information for Kasey? I'm not seeing anything online. PM is okay if it's not to be disseminated publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Do you have contact information for Kasey? I'm not seeing anything online. PM is okay if it's not to be disseminated publicly.
    Search "McKayco LLC Alabama" = will get you the info you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Search "McKayco LLC Alabama" = will get you the info you seek.
    Thank you!

Anybody you recommend for consignment sales in SC.
    Thanks.

@NickA

Time to let go of that Python....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    @NickA

Time to let go of that Python....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeeaah, I probably should quit talking about it and be about it [emoji41]
    I think I bought it around 1995 for around $400, so it’s appreciated just a bit.

Locus Fork is Kasey McKay

(205) 680-5314 land line

her email is mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List