Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consignment brokers on Gunbroker

Site Supporter

Consignment brokers on Gunbroker

I am planning to sell some safe queens and I would like to use a consignment dealer on gunbroker. Any suggestions? I already follow Bryant Ridge and Sarah15guns on gunbroker.

Site Supporter
    Following with interest, although the two I am considering selling are not particularly sought after or expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I am planning to sell some safe queens and I would like to use a consignment dealer on gunbroker. Any suggestions? I already follow Bryant Ridge and Sarah15guns on gunbroker.
    Gunbroker:

Locust Fork (Alabama)

woodlawn boys (Alabama)

Keystone Arms (Pennsylvania)

*I'm a satisfied customer of all of the above.
    *I know a few people who are satisfied customers of both the dealers you listed.

Gun Auction:

jackthedog

http://www.jackthedog.net/

*I am a satisfied customer.
    Mark is a great guy to do business with both buying and selling.

How much commission do these folks charge?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Why a consignment broker?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What guns are you selling, if I may ask?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    1. All those dealers listed above are known, good-to-go dealers - anything they list for sale is legit and you can purchase knowing those facts.

2. By sending a gun to them to sell on consignment, for what I consider reasonable rates, I do not have to deal with the "publik" nor the headaches commonly inherent in doing so. Bonus - they can/will sell a gun for more than I can due to #1 above.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Doubly interested, since if Gunbroker is the ultimate goal then you can just do it yourself.

Whatever you're looking to sell, have you listed them here? I had 4 guns for sale over the last couple weeks and already sold 3 of them......no gunbroker fees, no consignment broker fees, and in general I know the guns are going to "a good home".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have sold dozens of guns over the last decade with both Kasey (Locust Fork) and Woodlawn Boys (David). Both have been great to deal with.

What I discovered is that while I have been buying and selling on Gunbroker for >20 years, 300+ transactions, both those have a HUGE following that generates many more eyeballs than my most carefully thought out listing. I have seen my revenue go up 10-20% in my estimation over what I thought would get for the things they have sold. In every case I felt like I got more money.

Plus as you cite all the headaches and added expense of dealing with either my local FFL (if the seller's FFL requires it to come from an FFL instead of an individual, or if I want to ship Priority Mail) or verifying the remote FFL or dealing with Fedex or UPS and their sky high rates, taking a decent set of pictures, etc. etc. etc. Several times my auctions have had the unavoidable non-paying bidders, but I never had to deal with any of it. They simply sold them again and it appeared on my report (both do a good job of reporting status and the sale process).

You never have to worry about if you got the best market value, you got the definition of the real market value they way they run their auctions. Both those folks have purpose constructed studios and good photographers.

For both those sellers, they take 10% plus gunbroker fees which ends up being just less than 15% of the final sale price. Kasey (Locust Fork) has several items I dropped off last week, as there will never be a better time to clean out the safe.

Locust Fork does stuff across the spectrum. Woodlawn Boys is specialized, I would only give David something that was Colt or S&W handguns, and especially something with some collector interest. Kasey (Locust Fork) managed to get rid of unwanted AR's for me this summer at prices that astounded me. She sold a friend's HK long gun collection this year and he felt like he got 20% more than his best offer locally.

There are clearly a half dozen others, including those named in this thread, with the same business model, accomplishing the same thing for their customers. Those two just happen to be within easy driving distance for me to drop items. For collections, I know Kasey has driven as far as Utah to pick them up.

I would add I have sold a number of guns here and never had a bad experience. But a lot of the stuff I have gotten rid of the last two years are things that I perceived high collector interest instead of shooter interest like I think folks here are all about.
    Last edited by fatdog; 02-28-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Usually I trade in guns for other guns. For the last ten years I have been trying to consolidate my collection and build a group standard for my family. One example is when I traded five Kimber series 1 1911s for three Colt Wiley Clapp 1911s. I tell my self- less guns but better guns.

Sometimes I would sell them to my go to LGS if I needed cash. I only sell to individuals I personally know them or know by them reputation and I go through an FFL.

I am nearing the end of my gun buying. I have pared down the collection and using guns to the point that I don’t want to part with anymore. The family group standard is pretty much done. The idea of the group standard was to make sure my kids have a base collection of “good” using guns.

I think this will be my last consolidation of guns. These are guns I don’t want to sell but I don’t use.

I decided to use a gunbroker consignment dealer because I want it to be easy. I don’t want to argue with buyers about the laws, taxes or shipping not to mention chase payments. Also since this is the last of my gun version of Bitcoin and my life circumstances I need top dollar.

I bought a rifle on gunbroker at the end of November and the guy insisted on certified check. I usually do postal money orders. The check is lost in the mail and the bank is a nightmare.

The List

-Winchester 52B heavy barrel target gun

-Winchester 52C heavy barrel target gun

-Winchester 70 featherweight 6.5x55

-Winchester 70 featherweight 7mm Mag laminate stock NIB

-HK P7M8 9mm

-HK P7M8 9mm Hard Chrome

Anschutz Model 64 Biathlon NIB

S&W 17 6” .22LR Pinned barrel

I’m sure there will be more

User Tag List