Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSW - Special thanks to Todd Green and Jason Falla

Good job!

I keep a blow-out kit on my range bag, as well as my computer bag I take to work every day...

ITS Tactical sells an EDC trauma kit consisting of a z fold combat gauze, gloves, and a SWAT-T tourniquet all vacuum sealed with a nylon pouch. Roughly wallet sized, definitely fits in a cargo pocket.

I don't have this kit, but a kit from another manufacturer with the same contents, just not the vacuum packing. Get a vacuum packed kit, it's bulky without it, and barely fits in a cargo pocket, let alone a back pocket or similar. When I buy another kit, it will be the ITS kit.

Link to the ITS page: http://www.itstactical.com/medcom/me...r-back-pocket/

The SWAT-T isn't a typical tourniquet with a windlass, instead it is a wide, stretchy rubber-like band. You stretch it tight, and wrap it several times around the affected limb. In case you're wondering about the effectiveness, here's a video of one in use on a person with a dismembered leg in the ER:

WARNING! VIDEO IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_p5-cmJmAg

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    How long did it take for EMS to arrive?
    The range was on on a long gravel road, and they drove him to the end of it to meet the ambulance, but I wasn't with them at that point so I have no idea. I had to stay behind to gather up everyone's crap.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

F-Trooper,
    Good job. I've got an IFAK, but need to definitely attend some refresher training.

Quote Originally Posted by GooberTim View Post
    Jas, we also need the training that goes along with it. There's a pretty good class in Metro Atl in Aug that I can't make, but that training is on the top of my priority list right now....
    Tim, you're right. And yes, that class is on my radar. I also have an email outgoing to Kerry @ Dark Angel Medical about possibly bringing his class to the Atlanta area. Want to see if he has dates that might be available this year as he only has one on the calendar as of now, but it's in Minnesota. Same price as the Suarez class, but it includes a DARK kit. No FoF/live fire section like there is in the Suarez... not sure if that's good or bad. I need knowledge, so less shooting and more learning is good. BUT, I can see where learning basics and practicing under stress is important too. Tough nut to crack there....

All of this and SouthNarc is in AL in Oct. That's another class on my & a few friends radars at the moment. Dang it. So much training needed, so little money available... <sigh>.

Birchwood Range?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Birchwood Range?
    No, I'm in Fairbanks.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

I carry gloves, medical shears, a CAT, and combat gauze in my duty vest and BDU pouches when I'm on duty. We have medical pouches on the back of our entry vests and I have another CAT and pack of combat gauze that I carry in a utility pouch I can reach with either hand. We have Fire Paramedics attached to our Tactical Unit and they teach us emergency medical care.

I also have a Tactical Tailor medical pouch that I carry in the back of my K9 SUV. I had one of our Tac Meds fill it with medical supplies. I take it with me when I go shooting off duty now.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Very well done, sir. This is what happens when preparation meets presence of mind.

Many moons ago, I used to be a paramedic. You have no idea how much guys like you made my day. I used to make a point of getting them invites for ride-alongs, reserves training, stuff like that.

I finally ordered an Operator IFAK in "range safety red." As soon as it show's up, it's getting attached to my range bag molle loops. Now back to watching/studying Tactical Medical Solutions videos on how to use it...

User Tag List