They’re both stupid guns.

The g43x is stupid because you need a longer holster, that is g48 sized, to avoid muzzle flip over the belt. So if you’re carrying a holster that fits/prints the same as a g48, why not put a g48 in it?

The g48 is stupid because glock wanted interchangeability so they used a g34-style extended slide over smaller frame with a weird recoil system so the recoil feels shitty. And unless you’re actively swapping slides on frames to mr potato head your guns regularly, you get none of the benefit, the benefit is all on reduced cost of production to glock to consolidate frame manufacturing.

If they just built a single stack 9mm g19 on a thinned down full size frame, it would have been a lot better.

I own a g43 and a g48 and a g19. I could make my own potato head g43x by swapping slides but that seems ridiculous only to carry it in my g48 holster. I carry the g43 when in relaxed mode, I carry the g19 in standard mode and I have never carried the g48 yet. The only reason I don’t get rid of it is because if there’s a 10 round mag ban, I’d rather use a g48 than a g19 with unreliable 10 round mags.