Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X or 48

Glock 43X or 48

For years I have carried a Glock 26 and occasionally Glock 17. I did the Warrior Poets Society pistol 2 Friday and got to play with a 43X. I'm really thinking that the slimmer 43x or 48 might be a little easier to conceal and more comfortable. Really curious if anyone has thoughts on the 43x vs 48 and if the extra .75 inch of barrel length adds any real benefit. I might go with a dot but am still locked in on regular sights up this point. At 48 eyes aren't as good as they used to be and the dot may be inevitable at some point.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-28-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    For years I have carried a Glock 26 and occasionally Glock 17. I did the Warrior Poets Society pistol 2 Friday and got to play with a 43X. I'm really thinking that the slimmer 43x or 48 might be a little easier to conceal and more comfortable. Really curious if anyone has thoughts on the 43x vs 48 and if the extra .75 inch of barrel length adds any real benefit. I might go with a dot but am still locked in on regular sights up this point. At 48 eyes aren't as good as they used to be and the dot may be inevitable at some point.
    Best thing to do is go rent them both. Far cheaper than buying and trading/selling.

That said there are many many many posts already about the 43x/48. It is probably faster to search than start a new thread.

Get some trigger time if you can. I loved the profile and everything about the 43X and 48 until I owned them both and put several thousand rounds down range, to only learn I cannot perform with that grip to even 80% of the level I can shoot a G19/26.

It was enough of a difference to me that I sold both off and stuck with the 19/26 family.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I like the 43x better than the 48 just because I slightly prefer the recoil impulse and balance. I’m all about the dot life so the liner sight radius isn’t a concern for me.

I also shoot the 19 or 45 considerably better and prefer to carry one of those, but have the 43x for when it just won’t work.

I have both and prefer the G48.

I have 48, and I'll say I'm not convinced I like it any better than the 26.

If you're an appendix guy, a lot of people prefer to carry in a 48-length holster anyway...not much difference in carry/conceal
    If you're planning a red dot, the extra bit of sight radius doesn't matter (if it really matters much at all anyway).
    If you think you might do a comp/dot mini-Roland type setup, the 43X is the way to go to keep decent holster options.

Other than that it's just personal preference on the recoil impulse/feel.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 02-28-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I have 48, and I'll say I'm not convinced I like it any better than the 26.
    Same and same. I'm thinking about selling my pair. I already own a pair of 43s and 26s, and the 48 sometimes feels like it's a bad compromise between the two.

Site Supporter
    I had a 43x but found it didn't conceal any better for me than my 19. But, I haven't worn my t-shirt/shirts tucked in for over a decade or more.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    I've owned both and of the two I preferred the 43X. Both were rarely carried as I found they just weren't that much smaller than my normal G19/RMR. I've decided to use a P365 for times when I need something smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Same and same. I'm thinking about selling my pair. I already own a pair of 43s and 26s, and the 48 sometimes feels like it's a bad compromise between the two.
    Sicko.
    #RESIST

User Tag List