Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brand New Member and Looking For A Semi Auto

For strikers, S&W M&P9, Glock 19 or HK VP9.

For DA/SA Sig P-229 or HK P-30. I've had both but prefer the P-30 as it fits my hand better. It has grip panels that can be changed.

Whatever you buy put it in your hand first to see how it feels.

I wouldn't buy anything right now if you couldn't compare those side by side at your LGS. Another thought is hit a gun range and rent whatever you're interested in. My local range doesn't have any HK's because they aren't yugely popular in the US.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-22-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

It is really hard to best Glock, in any category but personal fit, because no pistol fits every hand. Buying a Glock is about as exciting as buying a Dewalt drill, and Glocks do not not have the sexy, ultra-light trigger movements that some pistols have, but, if I had to start over, from nothing, after some disaster or other event claimed all of my auto-pistols, three G17, G19x, and/or G45 Glocks, the good old pair-and-a-spare, would be all I would need, for the rest of my life.

If the Glock option did not exist, well, Beretta, or HK.

I absolutely love full-sized, all-steel 1911 pistols, but would not steer a beginner in that direction, as one has to know how to shop for them, and, if something breaks, it is more likely that one will need the help of a highly-talented gunsmith, rather than a local armorer. A 1911 is actually an “easy” pistol to learn to shoot; it is the care and feeding that require more knowledge. If that hypothetical disaster were to claim my 1911 pistols, I might no bother to replace them, and, if i did, I would get the Glocks first.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List