Thread: Running my new G19 with cut down regular back strap.

Running my new G19 with cut down regular back strap.

My G19.4 carry gun I run with a grip force adapter. I recently traded a G36 I wasn’t using for a second G19.4 made in 2020 that had less than 50 rounds through it. GFA’s were sold out all over so I first tried cutting down the beaver tail back strap. That didn’t work for my hand, it’s just shaped differently. So I tried this and it’s working great for me. Shoot this one about the same as my old one. For me the G19 hump gives me tennis elbo type pain if I shoot it in standard configuration for long. Not my best shooting on the target but the sights are centered.

Name:  CCE44779-E9DA-461A-A0BF-18CB7188F9F3.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  19.4 KB

This ones a little better. 10 yards.

Name:  63F1E845-6B49-41ED-9F69-46D9CEFA9B25.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  18.7 KB

Nice. Looks like you solved your issue creatively.

Amazon has a link, but I'm not familiar with the GFA and don't know if this is the right one or a good price:

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Force-Ad.../dp/B005P23W26
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nice. Looks like you solved your issue creatively.

Amazon has a link, but I'm not familiar with the GFA and don't know if this is the right one or a good price:

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Force-Ad.../dp/B005P23W26
    That’s the right one but twice the price it sells for other places. I think I paid $15 back in 2014. I’m gonna run it this way a while. When I switch back and forth between the 2 guns practicing draw stroke, the front sight is right where it’s supposed to be with both when I get pressed out.

I've seen alot of people doing this.

I think my favorite thing about my gen4 G19 is the slimmer grip. I've messed with the different backstraps a bit, but settled on nine at all.

I did that on my old G17 Gen 4 work gun, mine was cut shorter though.
    Worked out well, I stole the idea from a Frank Proctor video.

Had to go with the Grip force adapter ribbed Gen 4 beaver tail.

Shooting both guns side by side, it became apparent my hand is just locked in better with the GFA. Especially when shooting one handed. So I broke down and added a GFA to my last parts order and I now have a matched set of G19.4s. My sights are Ameriglo protectors on both pistols. There basically the Hackathorns but with the green front. $60 on Amazon and they are my favorite sights I’ve tried.

Ejection has still been very good thus far after adding the Gen. 5 G26 ejector. This second pistol is also USA made. My first US Glock.

User Tag List