Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting bolt gun

The rifle should balance at the front action screw when it's ready to hunt. Making offhand hits with a rifle that's light in the muzzle is far harder than with a rifle that's neutral or muzzle heavy. Muzzle heavy without a scope is a good thing because adding a scope shifts the balance point to the rear. If forced to choose between muzzle-heavy and muzzle-light, I'll take muzzle-heavy every time.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Thank you John. Glad to learn that.

I just read of a bunch of issues that are known with the sako a7. Got me starting to think tikka and Bergara should get my attention.

https://sakocollectors.com/forum/thr...oncerns.13893/

This is what the shop had. Similar price

https://www.eurooptic.com/JRTXC316S-...el-MPN-JR.aspx
    Last edited by newyork; 03-01-2021 at 05:30 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm still loving the $500 Leupold I bought at about the same time. They dropped the model and the replacement now is more expensive.
    Leupolds get really inexpensive just before the line gets dropped and a new line comes out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

T3X Lite Stainless in 6.5 $799 no cc fees. GB.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    One thing to consider when selecting a caliber such as 6.5mm or any boutique latest rage ammunition, it is doubtful for example RT-17, exist 100 in Liberty you are going to find anything 6mm, but a dusty box of 30.06 even in todays times will be located easily. Ya we all say "we ain't that guy", until we are that guy or he is a hunting companion you are traveling with.
    6.5 Creedmoor has been with us for about 12 years now. It isn't a boutique cartridge anymore. I don't think there are any US ammo mfg's that don't build ammo for it. A good comparison of this cartridge would be .308 Win and 30-06. The former being a short action and not much else. The Creedmoor is the new 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. Anyone who looks at cartridge performance knows what a 6.5x55 SM is. It's been around for 125 years. Sort of the Euro version of the -06.

Here's a good comparison of Euro 6.5mm (.264) cartridges and the 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/edit...rtridges/83489
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-01-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Leupolds get really inexpensive just before the line gets dropped and a new line comes out.
    Yeah, I got lucky and didn't even know it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    T3X Lite Stainless in 6.5 $799 no cc fees. GB.
    Shut up and dooo eeet already.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Shut up and dooo eeet already.
    I know I know. It’s coming. Few days. I’ll probably grab a Bergara in 308 for the same exact price. Local shop actually has 308.

Local shop actually has 308.
    Yes, .308 Winchester has seemed to be a mostly-available cartridge, through most of 2020 and 2021. It took a while for many of the other hunting cartridges to sell-out, but, once they did sell out, stock has tended to not be replenished, whereas .308 has continued to trickle into retail sellers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I know I know. It’s coming. Few days. I’ll probably grab a Bergara in 308 for the same exact price. Local shop actually has 308.
    If you get that Bergera .308, I will give the starter kit below for free!

Name:  DSC00539.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  35.1 KB
    Last edited by Paul D; 03-01-2021 at 11:28 PM.

User Tag List