Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 870p police trades at Sportsman's Outdoor

Site Supporter

870p police trades at Sportsman's Outdoor

870p

I have no idea if this is a good price or not. Showed up in my email this morning
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Before 2020, that was a horrible price. With the huge demand spike and Remington production offline, it may be reasonable. That being said, my personal rule is $300 or less for used 870P samples, especially in that condition.

Those look like they were cached in a bridge troll’s ass. I agree that the old reality would see a sticker well under 3 bills, but it isn’t 2015 any more.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I was at the local cop shop yesterday; they put most of their police trade-ins on Gunbroker. They were telling me that 870P’s normally went for $250-$300, but are now consistently selling for $550-$600.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I was at the local cop shop yesterday; they put most of their police trade-ins on Gunbroker. They were telling me that 870P’s normally went for $250-$300, but are now consistently selling for $550-$600.
    Makes sense, in a perverse sort of way: the guns match the ammo.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My sense of the market is shot. The last new 870P I bought was purchased in 2006. It was the model with the Wilson rear and tritium front paired with the polymer 870P furniture. I paid $660, including tax, according to my inventory spreadsheet. My last used one was bought back in 2014 for $200 sans a barrel but with a Surefire forearm, a Speedfeed IV stock, and a MMC rear peep sight. I added an 18-inch barrel with the tritium insert in the front sight and replaced the light module in the forend with a Malkoff. Total investment was about $400.

I agree with the others - that price is consistent for today's market.

I run a home for wayward and under-appreciated shotguns. I used them for loaner/training guns with very little problems.

Refurbing a used Police Magnum is very straight forward. If you need any assistance, there are a bunch folks here that can help. I have a bunch of factory parts ratholded, if you can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Those look like they were cached in a bridge troll’s ass.
    I agree they're troll's ass-ish. Hopefully mine will be mechanically sound. I gave a like new 870P to my kid as a "Welcome Back from Deployment" present and have been looking for a rifle sighted standard wood stock example to replace it for awhile.

Thanks for posting @TQP
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I agree they're troll's ass-ish. Hopefully mine will be mechanically sound. I gave a like new 870P to my kid as a "Welcome Back from Deployment" present and have been looking for a rifle sighted standard wood stock example to replace it for awhile.

Thanks for posting @TQP
    I bet they run great. Right set up, probably the right window of production. Ugly can be worked with, especially with a shooting pump.

But, yeah, those aren’t much to look at. The good news is that they’re pre-abused, so no worries.

Half way to a new 1301....

User Tag List