Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Department of National Defence; Tender for C22 Modular Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    And yet there is a thread running on some Canadian outfit pulling their P320s after a leg shot.
    So a. they already HAVE 320s and b. don't like them.
    Kindly refrain from using facts to interfere with government procurement. Thank you.

Lightbulb C22FF

Update:

The Department of National Defence in Ottawa released detailed specifications at BuyAndSell.gc.ca for companies to bid for the contract to supply its planned new semi-automatic 9 mm pistol.
    https://thegunblog.ca/2021/05/03/can...ts-new-pistol/

The deadline to submit a bid is in August.
    https://thegunblog.ca/2021/05/03/can...ts-new-pistol/

I was disappointed with the pick of the 320 for the US and then the problems with drop safe came up.. Now the CAF chooses the 320, is there something I'm missing? Is it largely based on price?

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Interesting they specify the pistol manufacturer must also supply (I assume that means manufacture themselves?) a suppressor. That by itself basically gives the contract to SIG, as I don't know any other handgun manufacturer that also builds suppressors.
    CZ makes suppressors as well. Not very many, but they do it seems.

https://cz-usa.com/product-category/suppressors/

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    I was disappointed with the pick of the 320 for the US and then the problems with drop safe came up.. Now the CAF chooses the 320, is there something I'm missing? Is it largely based on price?
    Buy the pistol you want as long as it doesn't cost over $200. If price wasn't a consideration everyone would carry an HK.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

It would be interesting to see Glock make something that would meet the tender requirements.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Buy the pistol you want as long as it doesn't cost over $200. If price wasn't a consideration everyone would carry an HK.
    It would seem you are right.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    "You get what you pay for... if you're lucky."

That being said, I suppose someone in a government agency might feel perfectly fine with an issued SIG, simply because SIG can't afford to alienate government agencies regardless of profit margins.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Is Canada requiring the winning bidder to sell the TDP for production in country if they're not a Canadian company? I was guessing CZ might have been banking on that as part of their cost/benefit when they bought Colt.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Does CZ have anything that meets the requirements? The requirement for a removable serialized trigger group is pretty specific...I can think of Beretta, SIG, Steyr...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List