Thread: Canadian Department of National Defence; Tender for C22 Modular Pistol

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    "You get what you pay for... if you're lucky."
    You pay for what you get.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I assume the plan is to buy the 320. Although without thinking too hard...would the APX potentially meet the requirements? That'd be a cool surprise pick.
    The APX is a far better pistol than the P320. Beretta did their homework and proper R&D with that design. The P320 has a better ecosystem, but that’s because everyone in the US pukes over themselves to pick the same gun XYZ agency/unit/ninja force picks and the US Army is a big XYZ.

However, the APX has picked up some major contracts, notably the Brazil National Police for 159k guns. Safariland makes a 6360 for the APX so altering the holster design, or making it out of safari seven in whatever color they want wouldn’t be too hard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    The APX is a far better pistol than the P320. Beretta did their homework and proper R&D with that design. The P320 has a better ecosystem, but that’s because everyone in the US pukes over themselves to pick the same gun XYZ agency/unit/ninja force picks and the US Army is a big XYZ.

However, the APX has picked up some major contracts, notably the Brazil National Police for 159k guns. Safariland makes a 6360 for the APX so altering the holster design, or making it out of safari seven in whatever color they want wouldn’t be too hard.

The APX manual safety looks pretty good in the video on YouTube. I would like to try one and would love to see it offered for all sizes, especially if it’s truly well done.

Military plan to replace Second World War-era pistols is on hold because of complaint

Rampart International of Ottawa, the firm that represents handgun manufacturer Glock in the Canadian market, filed a complaint with the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT). Rampart alleges the government-run competition favours Glock’s rivals, Beretta and Sig Sauer. As a result, the CITT has requested the federal government put any contract award on hold. Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) has told those firms who want to bid on the pistol replacement project that they now have until Oct. 1 to submit their proposals. That will give the government time to figure out how to respond to the CITT complaint.
    https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...e-of-complaint

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Nothing against Rampart, I really like those guys. But I'm rooting for the APX to somehow pull through from behind, even though I haven't been paying attention and still know this is never going to happen.

Although I guess Canada Customs went with the PX4.

And this is Canada, a faint hope is enshrined in law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faint_hope_clause
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I'm REALLY hoping that the CZ P10 series wins the contract as it would mean more duty gear options. The lack of duty gear is a viable reason for agencies to not consider the CZ.
    Last edited by jlw; 07-27-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm not a striker kind of guy, but I thought the P10 fits in Glock 17 holsters?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I'm not a striker kind of guy, but I thought the P10 fits in Glock 17 holsters?
    It's not universal. My P10 C will fit in some 17/19 holsters but not others.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'm REALLY hoping that the CZ P10 series wins the contract as it would mean more duty gear options. The lack of duty gear is a viable reason for agencies to not consider the CZ.
    If the P10 had a manual safety I would consider it. Really like the P-07.

Does the P10 fit in Safariland holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If the P10 had a manual safety I would consider it. Really like the P-07.

Does the P10 fit in Safariland holsters?

It's not universal. I have seen other people state they fit in the 6300 series. I never tried mine in my old 6377 prior to mounting the optic, but it does not fit my 6354DO, and it doesn't fit my 7000 series holsters, at least not correctly.

User Tag List