Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Department of National Defence; Tender for C22 Modular Pistol

Site Supporter

Canadian Department of National Defence; Tender for C22 Modular Pistol

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/02/2...modular-pistol

Canadian Department of National Defence Releases Draft Tender for C22 Modular Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://soldiersystems.net/2021/02/2...modular-pistol

Canadian Department of National Defence Releases Draft Tender for C22 Modular Pistol
    I’ll bet On CZ
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

The article said modular. I assume this is like the Sig 320 serialized fire control group. I know the Beretta APX has a removable chassis; the article said Walther too. I didn't know that the Q series had a removable chassis.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The article said modular. I assume this is like the Sig 320 serialized fire control group. I know the Beretta APX has a removable chassis; the article said Walther too. I didn't know that the Q series had a removable chassis.
    Modular does not equal removable chassis.

The article also said “ This requirement can be achieved by offering a single frame with small, medium and large backstraps.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I’ll bet On CZ
    "Colt Canada P10F"...

Site Supporter
    Maybe it's gonna be the new Walther--the PDP. Seems like it would fit the requirements. Not sure if they're mandating a safety; but I'm sure they could put one on.

Also...

Think they'll surplus out their Hi-Powers?

Interesting they specify the pistol manufacturer must also supply (I assume that means manufacture themselves?) a suppressor. That by itself basically gives the contract to SIG, as I don't know any other handgun manufacturer that also builds suppressors.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Canadian tenders work one of two ways:

1) some bureaucrat picked something and wrote the tender to get it and eliminate everything else;

2) there isn't a good understanding of what we actually need, so they specified something nobody makes, with features nobody uses, requiring proprietary design characteristics no one will give us, in the hopes that it will be built by a company that wants nothing to do with us.

I assume the plan is to buy the 320. Although without thinking too hard...would the APX potentially meet the requirements? That'd be a cool surprise pick.

But realistically, they plan to buy the 320.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I hope they will actually do some real comparison testing to determine which is best. At least then we will have some data to point to. I hope HK, Beretta and FN make hard pushes on this one. But I agree, it is likely they will just pick the 320 so they can integrate with us.

And yet there is a thread running on some Canadian outfit pulling their P320s after a leg shot.
    So a. they already HAVE 320s and b. don't like them.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List