Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Frame Mods?

Aftermarket Glock Frame Mods?

I'm not looking for stippling or grip reduction. I want the half moon cut on the bottom of the front strap that has come from the factory on and off over the years. I've seen the value first hand during injured shooter training, and it doesn't bother me when shooting.

While it seems a fairly simple mod, I'd be willing to pay a professional to do it for me. I've googled much and found nothing so maybe nobody is doing this because I'm the only Glock shooter left without sissy hands? Any suggestions? I need to email Boresight today and see if Ben will entertain my idea, but if y'all know any other folks in that line of work you'd trust please share. Thanks!

This is what I want - on all my Glocks.

Image courtesy of gunmagwarehouse.com

The glock store will do it. If its not specifically an add to cart option under frame mods then just call them. Similar mods are $50 a frame...

Battle ready arms is another one but I have never worked with them or purchased anything from them directly so i cant vouch for them.

Honestly thats a pretty simple mod with a dremal tool, the trick is to just practice a bunch of times on some sacrificial material which will give you the confidence you need...

You will just use a nickel or quarter and draw a half circle with a white paint pen. Then just remove the material to your line and use some fine grit sand paper to fine tune your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The glock store will do it. If its not specifically an add to cart option under frame mods then just call them. Similar mods are $50 a frame...

Battle ready arms is another one but I have never worked with them or purchased anything from them directly so i cant vouch for them.

Honestly thats a pretty simple mod with a dremal tool, the trick is to just practice a bunch of times on some sacrificial material which will give you the confidence you need...

You will just use a nickel or quarter and draw a half circle with a white paint pen. Then just remove the material to your line and use some fine grit sand paper to fine tune your work.
    Thanks. For $50 a pop I may have to suck it up and try it myself. I just cringe at the possibility of wrecking a frame.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks. For $50 a pop I may have to suck it up and try it myself. I just cringe at the possibility of wrecking a frame.
    Practice on other things like A2 grips, the mag loader from the Glock box, etc. Keep the dremel speed low, and go slow. When the wheel heats up, the plastic starts to melt, which is no big deal, but needs more cleanup after.

If you want to take on the task yourself, I'd recommend getting a chopped up frame to test on. OTDefense has some of different guns, though the Glock frame scraps are currently sold out.

Site Supporter
    Stone is spot on.

You could also get a 3m variety pack of sand paper and wrap in around something round and just go low and slow. Putting the lower in a padded vise (you can use paperbacks in a pinch) will keep it steady while yo u do your thing.

If you go the Dremel route, light touch and slowest (ergo coolest ) speed is the way.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

@El Cid Dont forget shipping each way, which last time I shipped a frame was about $25 so thats about $100 per frame and it sounded like you had several you wanted to do. For several hundred bucks you could get a nice dremal tool, a steak dinner and still have cash left over to fill up your truck.

Here is Half round center punch that I would definetely try before I went the dremal route: https://www.amazon.com/Cooyeah-Half-...4&sr=8-30&th=1

More: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Half-Roun...ref=nb_sb_noss

Maybe someone here can get you the dimensions on the cutout and you will only need one punch. In all reality you can make the half circle any size you want (within reason of course) One punch size will give you consistancy for all your frames. Just cut a piece of wood that fits in the magwell and protruds out about 4" that will supprt the frame when you strike the punch. You will also need to support the backside of the frame as well so the striking force doesnt stress out the hand grip. You could drill a 1"1/4" hole in a 4x4 block of wood then cut the block in half so the back of the grip lays flat in it and if the magwell is flared the flare will hang past the end. Hopefully that makes sense. You would just be making a jig to support the frame all around as you strike the punch. So for about $20 you can do as many frames as you want to.

If my descrpition doesnt translate well into a mental picture, let me know and I will draw a sketch for you on Paint...

ETA: Actually, if yours has the flared magwell the backside will need to be supported as you will be sending force through the flare on the front side. Just cut a small notch in the half moon portion of the jig and it will drop down in it, that way the whole backside or the handrip is supported...
    Last edited by Stone; 10-05-2022 at 11:56 AM.

There is a grip tape company. I think handle it grips? That still uses the cut out on there grips. Might make a good template.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I suspect you can easily do it yourself. Just go slow.

User Tag List