Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021: A Speed-Six Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Is this a lock or no lock model? Thanks!
    Lock.

That’s the reason I still have both kidneys.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

Thanks for that! I did not know of the poly clips. I have already ordered up a few exemplars from TK custom and Speedbees to see how they treat me. I’ve never owned a moonclip gun, to be honest, and it’s probably about time.
    You are in for a treat. I like my Speed Bees for the 9mm LCR. I just wish the 9MM LCR was a steel gun because I find it painful to shoot. Great find!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    You are in for a treat. I like my Speed Bees for the 9mm LCR. I just wish the 9MM LCR was a steel gun because I find it painful to shoot. Great find!
    This thing is absolutely mellow with standard pressure 115 grain. I’ll know more down the road, but I suspect that even 124+P will be pretty easy.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This thing is absolutely mellow with standard pressure 115 grain. I’ll know more down the road, but I suspect that even 124+P will be pretty easy.
    Should be like shooting .357 golden sabers

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Should be like shooting .357 golden sabers
    Pretty close. I have a pile of Remington GS; I think that’s what’s in my 66-1 right now.

Pretty close. I have a pile of Remington GS; I think that’s what’s in my 66-1 right now.
    I got a case of it on close out from cdnn iirc.

Considering where you seem to live, that may be the exact serial number Ruger I once owned. And still do very much regret selling.

So, as already asked by others, which shop has used guns worth checking out? Or are you keeping your purchasing competition in the dark?

Bart Noir
    Who still has one moon-clip for that revolver which he should not have sold. The clip serves to remind that some decisions are dumb ones.

Hammertime
    I keep reading the title: Six-Speed Odyssey and thinking it belongs in the car thread...

My neighbor, who is a newbie to revolvers, just picked up a SS in 357. Now he wants a FO front sight. I have some HiViz sights on a few of my handguns, So someone said the HiViz for the SP is a slip in fit on the Speed Six. Anyone done that, does that hold true? Gemini customs wondersight, is that a better FO?

These SSes are great old revolvers, Ruger built their DA rep on these things. This SS Odyssey is a walk around the block for me also, as I have very little experience with this generation of Rugers. Adding to the old knowledge base as I follow the OP in his pursuit of SS perfection. I might like a 4" iteration of the SS if I ever find one.

Incidentally, the trigger guard kydex—being invented well after the Six-series were no longer in production—is for a K-frame, and it snaps on as if the guns were interchangeable. Which makes sense: frames accommodate cylinders and sights; grips and trigger guards accommodate the human hand, which really hasn’t changed a whole lot since the invention of the DA service revovler.
    I'd bet that a lot of Ruger Speed Six dimensions are very close to those of the K-frame so they could use the same impedimenta like speedloaders and holsters, which means a lot to agencies buying new guns.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List