Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021: A Speed-Six Odyssey

Congratulations on that score! I know the feeling, but it doesn't happen very often. You reminded me of the time a few years back when the great wave of C&R imports was just drying up, and I saw what looked like a decent K98 Mauser behind the counter in a local pawn shop. The price made it pretty much a no-brainer for a run of the mill Yugoslav or Russian capture, but when I got it in my hands I noticed the original phosphate finish, no varnish on the laminated stock, all matching numbers, no import marks ... and my heart started beating faster and my hands were probably shaking a little when I wrote out the check. The thing that threw me for a bit was the weird sling bar that had been added to the butt stock. It looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite place it until I got home and did some quick research. The "SVW MB" code and other markings, along with the sling bar, indicated postwar production in the French occupation zone, pretty rare and sought after by collectors. I almost felt a little guilty considering I could probably turn around and sell it for about 10 times what I paid for it, but at least I gave them what they were asking for it and didn't haggle - which come to think of it may have been a red flag for them that they might have screwed up ...

Just got back from another trip out there to let them know the scoop: I didn’t want my locals getting hemmed up over some sort of paperwork issue over the caliber discrepancy. At any rate, they were as surprised as I was. Turns out the guy traded in a pile of revolvers all at once, including another 2.75 Speed-Six that actually was in .357. Considering how busy they were 30+ days ago, I can see how the 9mm roll mark could have slipped through the cracks when there were 3 other .357s to juggle in a mid-day deal in a shop packed to the gills with panic buyers and enthusiasts alike.

But.... you should have seen the looks on all three faces out there when I told them that it was actually a 9mm.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Probably the best thing I ever snaged because I was just there is my Super Blackhawk. I always sorta wanted on and was looking for an EOtech at a gunshow and went to a dealer's table I knew and thought might have one.

He didn't, but he did have a 5.5" stainless SBH with a good as new Simply Rugged pancake he was liquidating from an estate deal I could buy for $350...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

As an FYI, if anyone wants that Model 19 PC carry comp, in excellent condition, it’s still there.

For $895.

Just saying. I can’t buy everything that manifests at this place.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    As an FYI, if anyone wants that Model 19 PC carry comp, in excellent condition, it’s still there.

For $895.

What can you sell us to buy it?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted a Speed Six, so I’d take one in any caliber, but in 9mm? Lotto win day.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

For $895.

I already have one, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I already have one, but...
    Two is one....or so I’ve heard

My first duty gun was a 4” stainless Security Six. I kept my eyes open at shops and gun shows for years for a 2 3/4” Security Six but don’t believe I ever saw one for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted a Speed Six, so I’d take one in any caliber, but in 9mm? Lotto win day.
    😀

For $895.

Is this a lock or no lock model? Thanks!

User Tag List