Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI - Covid testing prior to flight

RFI - Covid testing prior to flight

I need to take a short trip to FL and there is a Federal requirement to present Covid test results in order to get on a flight.
    For anyone that has travelled recently, what are the logistics involved? Do you need to ask for some paper from a testing center? A few people I know who had to get tested simply got their results via email/text or by logging into a medical portal.

Are you coming in from a foreign country?

I'm not planning on flying any time soon, but I'm curious whether documentation of vaccination status also qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I'm not planning on flying any time soon, but I'm curious whether documentation of vaccination status also qualifies.
    Alaska is starting to shift their requirements for arrivals, but prior to the shift fully vaccinated arrivals still had to test and quarantine. Not sure about airlines, I'm not aware of any domestic airlines requiring a negative test before departure. I think the OP must either be coming in from a foreign country or I missed something.

This is domestic only USA travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    This is domestic only USA travel.
    I think you want to check your source then. I'm not seeing any requirement for a negative COVID test for domestic travel. Could have missed it though. There's a requirement for international travelers including US citizens but not domestic.

If you haven't flown since this started and it worries you, I've flown 15 times since this thing got rolling including an every seat full flight out of Ft. Lauderdale at the height of their outbreak and I'm still antibody negative, so with regular precautions you should be good.

I think this was a fundamental issue of reading comprehension. I saw this page: https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...iew#deltaclean
    and focused on this paragraph:
    New U.S. Testing Requirement: Effective January 26, 2021, the CDC requires all customers ages 2 and up traveling to or connecting through the U.S. to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days before departure and sign an attestation. Review full requirements.
    However, since I am travelling with U.S., this doesn't apply.

I can't find it now but I read "somewhere" that airlines and pilot unions are opposing the idea of mandatory testing for passengers.

I suspect this is because they realize such a requirement will even further reduce air travel demand thus their ability to stay in business / keep their jobs.

Be sure to check state requirements as well. Many have a mandatory quarantine requirement if you do not have a negative test result, and violation carries some pretty decent civil/criminal penalties. I traveled to one such state this month (of course, nobody checked, but still - the money spent on testing was worth the peace of mind).

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It’s not needed for continental US travel, it is required for Hawaii unless you want to spend your time there in quarantine. Many airports offer testing on site.

User Tag List