Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draw stroke feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Are you talking about 0.7s open draw or concealed draw? Because that makes a difference in what we're talking about.
    0.7s concealed draw is tough. 0.7s open draw isn't.

Concealed as that's what was originally posted and was in the Gabe White video that was being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I do have a sight picture when the shot breaks, a refined enough sight picture for an A zone at 7 yards at least.

Yeah, I use long holsters with wedges and a striker control device, but slowing down and bowing my hips more is going to be a super important part of my dry fire.
    Good stuff. How's you head and shoulder movement? It's hard to see from the video, but it looks like you may have a little unnecessary movement there. (I certainly see that issue when I watch my own draw stroke).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Concealed as that's what was originally posted and was in the Gabe White video that was being discussed.
    I went to the range today for the weekly challenge and did some casual draws Gabe White style start position and triggered at full extension.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Are you talking about 0.7s open draw or concealed draw? Because that makes a difference in what we're talking about.
    0.7s concealed draw is tough. 0.7s open draw isn't.

My belief is that there are different types of draws and trigger presses depending on what kind of distance and target you're shooting. Most of my shots are as I'm coming out to full extension. From an open holster that can be 0.70-0.75 to extension with a flash sight picture.

If I want to get into the 0.5s open then it winds up being a little bit of point shooting before extension.

But that's with a manual safety gun with the safety engaged in the holster.

With something like a Glock, I can get those kinds of speeds from gaming concealment at just extension breaking trigger with acceptable flash sight picture and accuracy.

So I'd say you can shoot before extension if you had to (kind of like shooting from retention or hip), but you can shoot pretty quickly at extension if you're efficient.

@Hstanton1 I thought it was a pretty solid draw you had. Just keep woodshedding it for smoothness and efficiency. I liked the mechanics.
    Thank you, definitely agree on the different draws for different targets idea.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Good stuff. How's you head and shoulder movement? It's hard to see from the video, but it looks like you may have a little unnecessary movement there. (I certainly see that issue when I watch my own draw stroke).
    I try to keep my head pretty still, it may move forward some though. My shoulders definitely move, I basically have to choose between flaring my elbows and shrugging my shoulders when drawing. I have to do one or the other to not bind my wrist and keep my torso from moving to either side.

A gun with a less severe grip angle than Glock or more negative cant in the holster might help, but this is the gun I’ve got right now and more negative cant equals more printing from the magazine.

User Tag List