Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo pricing dealer cost sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I didn't ask, my last order back in late November took less than a week. If we are talking about that place in Columbus.
    We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock26 View Post
    Recently purchased reloading components:
    • Primer: 10 cents per (probably some imported soviet-bloc stuff)
    • Casing: 15 cents per (once-fired brass, fully-processed)
    • Bullet: 7 cents per (124/125gr truncated cone coated)
    • Powder: ~1 cent per (4.0 grs of titegroup)
    • Total: ~33 cents per

For reference, I bought enough for roughly 30k rounds. The rise in reloading cost seems commensurate with the increase in distribution price. Good to know I'm not overpaying too much for components haha.
    I just loaded the last of some primers that I've had for years. Russian Murom I think. I haven't seen any of those for sale in a long time. I remember some kind of import ban on some Russian companies like Kalashnikov over the Ukrainian debacle. Not sure if those are still in force. I know Sellier & Bellot makes primers also. I stocked up a few years ago and just now using the last of the imported stuff.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    I hear he tasked Kamala with doing that.

It might be that dealers are selling most of the ammo they get to LE at their usual mark up. Just a guess.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    I’m thinking a magical Ammo Allosaurus will distribute ammo to all good American shooters.

I think my idea has a better chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It might be that dealers are selling most of the ammo they get to LE at their usual mark up. Just a guess.
    I wish...

Just decided against a training course I really want to go to because I can't justify using $1k of ammo for a 2-day course.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I wish...

Just decided against a training course I really want to go to because I can't justify using $1k of ammo for a 2-day course.
    I mean official department purchases. I used to take advantage of agency "training" that was an out-of-town mini vacation but that ended in 2008 and the yuge budget shortfalls. I retired in 2013. Budgets are probably in worse shape these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’m thinking a magical Ammo Allosaurus will distribute ammo to all good American shooters.

I think my idea has a better chance of happening.

Name:  Allosaurus.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  41.4 KB

That look you get from a dog in and Allosaurus costume that thinks you were putting out the low hanging fruit going for the "small arms dealer" pun.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I mean official department purchases. I used to take advantage of agency "training" that was an out-of-town mini vacation but that ended in 2008 and the yuge budget shortfalls. I retired in 2013. Budgets are probably in worse shape these days.
    Yeah, I figured you meant that. Just needed to vent. Tried to get some cost covered but was told "tactical training for SWAT guys only this year."

This was pistol shooting skills, not dynamic entry tactics. Oh well.

Maybe I cold take a .22 Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Yeah, I figured you meant that. Just needed to vent. Tried to get some cost covered but was told "tactical training for SWAT guys only this year."

This was pistol shooting skills, not dynamic entry tactics. Oh well.

Maybe I cold take a .22 Hmmm.
    Yeah, that sucks. I'm all in on training for job performance. I took advantage of everything that was offered. Even to the point of being accused of being a training hog.

User Tag List