Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo pricing dealer cost sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    1400 round stimulus to each taxpayer.

$400.00 price difference.....huh???

So last week Natchez had 1000 rounds loose pack for $500.....CCI Blazer brass 9mm 115 fmj. Now I see the same ammo for $900.00 on another website. I expect differences in prices from seller to seller, but $400.00 is a head scratcher. That priced "grabbed" me.

Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    Its important to have dreams, but I fear you expecting miracles.😁

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    So last week Natchez had 1000 rounds loose pack for $500.....CCI Blazer brass 9mm 115 fmj. Now I see the same ammo for $900.00 on another website. I expect differences in prices from seller to seller, but $400.00 is a head scratcher. That priced "grabbed" me.
    If that’s a problem, then do NOT shop for Varget on gunbroker.com.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I admire your sunny optimism

Well, I recently placed an ammo order for my department and paid normal prices for both 9mm and 5.56. I paid $90.00 per 500 round box of 124gr Winchester USA (White Box) and $319.50 per 1,000 round box of Winchester 55gr 5.56. The only benefit we receive is that we do not pay the federal excise tax. So, both dealers and the distributors are ramping up the prices of ammo and not necessarily the manufacturers. Just my observation on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Well, I recently placed an ammo order for my department and paid normal prices for both 9mm and 5.56. I paid $90.00 per 500 round box of 124gr Winchester USA (White Box) and $319.50 per 1,000 round box of Winchester 55gr 5.56. The only benefit we receive is that we do not pay the federal excise tax. So, both dealers and the distributors are ramping up the prices of ammo and not necessarily the manufacturers. Just my observation on the situation.

If that is indeed the case across the board, that is unfortunate. I say this because the manufacturers are the ones I would want to take home the lion's share of profit from this craziness, as the more they make the more likely they will invest into increased production capacity.

Site Supporter
    The price sheet in the OP looks, to me, to be a MSRP list. Would any reseller be buying in 1 box quantities? If my retail customer sent me an order for 1 box of ammo I would call them to see how many zeros they accidentally left off the order.

Also, the X.99 for every item looks like MSRP as well. I've been in wholesale for many years and have never quoted per-piece prices as xxx.99. I've certainly quoted non-zero-cents prices, but never a full sheet of x.99. Definitely a retail number, IMO.

What do I know? I've been wrong before. Just doesn't pass the logic test.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Do you have any idea about delivery time? I ordered ours in mid January but didn’t even ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Do you have any idea about delivery time? I ordered ours in mid January but didn’t even ask.
    I didn't ask, my last order back in late November took less than a week. If we are talking about that place in Columbus.

User Tag List