Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo pricing dealer cost sheet.

Ammo pricing dealer cost sheet.

Thought this was interesting....Distributor pricing to dealer, obtained from a dealer. Supposedly was in stock and ready to ship as of yesterday.

Name:  Current dealer cost for ammo.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  102.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Plus a % of profit factored before retail pricing.

Seems old.

Federal now has 3 different bullet weights in the 9mm syntech loads (115, 124, 150), and your image only shows one: 115.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Recently purchased reloading components:
    • Primer: 10 cents per (probably some imported soviet-bloc stuff)
    • Casing: 15 cents per (once-fired brass, fully-processed)
    • Bullet: 7 cents per (124/125gr truncated cone coated)
    • Powder: ~1 cent per (4.0 grs of titegroup)
    • Total: ~33 cents per

For reference, I bought enough for roughly 30k rounds. The rise in reloading cost seems commensurate with the increase in distribution price. Good to know I'm not overpaying too much for components haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Seems old.

Federal now has 3 different bullet weights in the 9mm syntech loads (115, 124, 150), and your image only shows one: 115.
    The FFL who received says it is new. What is on page is what is available (or was yesterday) and not necessarily the entire Federal lineup...just what is in stock at distributor. I am just posting and repeating what I was told.

Also, I cut and pasted only part of the page for size reasons, there is more on the pricing sheet than the picture shows.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Seems old.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    The FFL who received says it is new. What is on page is what is available (or was yesterday) and not necessarily the entire Federal lineup...just what is in stock at distributor. I am just posting and repeating what I was told.

Also, I cut and pasted only part of the page for size reasons, there is more on the pricing sheet than the picture shows.
    I smell BS. Nothing is staying in stock (even at the distributor level) long enough for printed price sheets to be of any real value. My local FFL orders everything via web and phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I smell BS. Nothing is staying in stock (even at the distributor level) long enough for printed price sheets to be of any real value. My local FFL orders everything via web and phone.
    As I say, I was just sharing. Source is a guy that I know is a dealer, also a long-time admin at a well-known forum, and well-regarded there. He made no claim that it was in stock for any period of time, just a pricing email he received from a distributor. Personally, I am sure it was mostly gone in a short time and then listed on GB and elsewhere at huge markup, which I think was the point of the information. Maybe, for some reason, he has gone off rails and is making stuff up, but he posted this purely as information and is in a position to know. He does not sell ammo online or by "mail" or through that forum so there is no financial angle for him.

I just thought it was interesting. Everyone should do with it as they please including ignoring it if so inclined.

Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that they have developed a Covid vaccine I am hoping that the Biden administration‘s next project after understanding how the armed assault on the capital happened, is to figure out who’s making all the money on ammo and learn how to get more ammo into the hands of good American shooters.
    I think in the not-to-distant future, we might be looking back at now as the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can see you have a real future writing science fiction, should you choose to change career paths.

User Tag List