Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEOSA Reform Act (Reintroduction)

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I believe I was the first casualty of the new chief's regime. I was an easy target to become an example. Punishing me for wanting to stay a cop illustrating that he will tolerate nothing. The agency of approximately sixty-three officers is now the supposedly the smallest agency in the state with an officer assigned fulltime to internal affairs. Last year, investigations resulted in eight administrative hearing boards. This is apart of other discipline that is not contested or does not rise to the level that allows an AHB.

Ironically enough, this comes from a chief who was demoted from inspector to captain, testified in a manner a federal judge found incredulous, and unsuccessfully sued his former chief for sexual discrimination. He could issue me retirement credentials, but will not.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I believe I was the first casualty of the new chief's regime. I was an easy target to become an example. Punishing me for wanting to stay a cop illustrating that he will tolerate nothing. The agency of approximately sixty-three officers is now the supposedly the smallest agency in the state with an officer assigned fulltime to internal affairs. Last year, investigations resulted in eight administrative hearing boards. This is apart of other discipline that is not contested or does not rise to the level that allows an AHB.

Ironically enough, this comes from a chief who was demoted from inspector to captain, testified in a manner a federal judge found incredulous, and unsuccessfully sued his former chief for sexual discrimination. He could issue me retirement credentials, but will not.
    That scumbag will eventually get what's coming to him, and from what it sounds like his life is probably already kind of shitty.

By any chance does your semi-retirement gig qualify you for LEOSA? I seem to remember you had some sort of sworn status, no?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately, not unless the college transition the public safety department into an actual police department as other community colleges in the state have done. Special police officers have police authority only on designated property.

I agree that he will eventually be disgraced again. You'd think the scumbag would have learned when Chief Lanier busted him to captain. It takes a special kind of stupid to be demoted in the command ranks.

Site Supporter
    H.R. 1210 if you want to look it up.

Congress.gov says there are 4 co-sponsors so far

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Unfortunately, not unless the college transition the public safety department into an actual police department as other community colleges in the state have done. Special police officers have police authority only on designated property.
    Is the community college public or private? My understanding is that if you’re a government employee and you have arrest powers and carry a firearm at work (and meet the other requirements), LEOSA applies and it doesn’t matter what your title is or what your agency is called.

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately, we're presently unarmed except for an ASP and pepper gel. The college lives in the hope that various police agencies will respond quickly enough to deal with an active shooter. There is some thinking that we will eventually be armed, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a positive note, the State Police didn't agree that termination for medical reasons rtumps honorable retirement status and issued me a CCW permit.

User Tag List