Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GunBlast.com: the Gunsite 250R

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    My first sleep away class was at Thunder Ranch in Tx in 2004. Revolver. We wanted to train with Clint before he went out west and that was the class that worked for everybody's schedule.

Clint, Heidi and the Furr brothers IIRC.

Nothing like being in the charger deck with speedloaders bouncing like handballs off the "ground" two and three at a time.

Model 19 Police turn In. 300ish shipped. Local smith "smoothed out/contoured" the target trigger. 50.00 max I suspect filed/buffed off any obvious burrs since he had it apart already as the trigger action came back to me a fair bit slicker as well.

Milt Sparks got me a holster in about 7 weeks when the order window was 9-11 so I would have "two weeks to get used to it before you go and see Clint."
    Then at least, you knew the holster was en route because they did not charge the card until the order was about to ship.

Attachment 68104
    I knew a model 19 would pop up sooner or later.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

< - - - - - - - My take. Everything done by Al Greco.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Man. Buy it now of 1145.

Hard to believe that, at the height of the 1994 Clinton era ban frenzy, I traded a clean Gen 2 G19, 4 OEM +2 17 round magazines and 500 rounds of hydra-shok 9mm for three of those 65-3 3” LE trade-ins. I still have one of them, and so does my dad. They were stickered for either 259 or 269 a piece at the time, IIRC.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Results look good but man. I don't get the need for having four different gunsmiths across three states do the work.
    Remember the idea came up with a bunch of guys, probably socially lubricated, talking as a group. It's almost certainly the gunsmith equivalent of their fantasy baseball teams, who they think the best is for any given task regardless of real world constraints. Add in it makes each gun a 'story' vs just a worked over object.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Remember the idea came up with a bunch of guys, probably socially lubricated, talking as a group. It's almost certainly the gunsmith equivalent of their fantasy baseball teams, who they think the best is for any given task regardless of real world constraints. Add in it makes each gun a 'story' vs just a worked over object.
    Jackie Robinson on the trigger, Dale Murphy on the sights!

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The shipping alone as it bounced around from gunsmith to gunsmith in Arizona, West Virginia and Texas probably added a fair bit to the price.

Results look good but man. I don't get the need for having four different gunsmiths across three states do the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    In the days of printed-on-paper gun magazines, such projects were occasionally seen, in write-ups. Some were done as memorials, to honor a specific person. Some were done as fundraisers, the gun to be auctioned for a cause. I seem to recall that some were done with both motivations, and some with neither. I cannot say that it became trendy, or a “thing,” as I stopped paying much attention to printed-on-paper gun media, somewhere along the way.

BBI’s comparison to fantasy ball teams certainly makes perfect sense, in today’s world.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Matt Olivier's response to a pricing request

Earlier in the thread @Duelist was curious about the cost . . .

Barrel machining and install, setting barrel-cylinder gap - $250
    Refinishing, Gunsite raven engraving - $400
    Action job, installing gold bead front sight - $200
    Total: $850

Note that this does NOT include the cost of the gun, barrel or gold bead front sight.
    Hope this helps,

Matt Olivier

User Tag List