Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J Frame custom sight work

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It has been so long I can't remember, but Bowen Custom turns work fast by custom gunsmith standards.

What model J frame is that? Did yours have a factory pinned front sight blade, or was is integral to the barrel like on my 642? Also, wold you mind taking a close up of the front sight? (I don't mind lint. If I took a picture of my backup j frame you wouldn't be able to see the gun past all the scratches.)

Sidetrack but what model S&W is that top revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    What model J frame is that? Did yours have a factory pinned front sight blade, or was is integral to the barrel like on my 642? Also, wold you mind taking a close up of the front sight? (I don't mind lint. If I took a picture of my backup j frame you wouldn't be able to see the gun past all the scratches.)
    I have a 340 and 442 with Bowen sights. 340 is pinned on, and I don't have the 442 with me. Name:  Bowen 9.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  44.8 KB

I have a 340 and 442 with Bowen sights. 340 is pinned on, and I don't have the 442 with me.
    My 442 is pinned.

Here is my Bowen modified J frame -- excuse the lint.

Attachment 885
    What grips are on that gun? I need something on the backstrap just like the one shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Crimson Trace LG-405
    Best J-frame grips I've ever used, even without the laser.

Back on topic, I've always wondered why S&W didn't offer some kind of better sights as a standard option on the J-frame snubs. Even building up 1/8" more metal on top of the frame to allow for a deeper notch would help.

Back on topic, I've always wondered why S&W didn't offer some kind of better sights as a standard option on the J-frame snubs. Even building up 1/8" more metal on top of the frame to allow for a deeper notch would help.

I noticed this 640 with novak style sights on the S&W website - now if they would only do the same thing but on a 442 or 642

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Quote Originally Posted by HCL3 View Post
    I noticed this 640 with novak style sights on the S&W website - now if they would only do the same thing but on a 442 or 642

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Why the hell didn't they blend the frame and ejector shroud? It looks like crap. I like the idea though. Maybe I need to send my Model 40 off to Heirloom Precision for some sights.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Why the hell didn't they blend the frame and ejector shroud? It looks like crap. I like the idea though. Maybe I need to send my Model 40 off to Heirloom Precision for some sights.
    I think the picture in S&W's catalog is either a prototype or a photoshop.
    I have a 640 Pro and it's blended very well.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They did. That picture is not representative of the actual shipping product.
    That's good - I though someone at S&W had gone blind...

User Tag List