Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 10 years.

This place is the best. Full of my favorite internet people.

The early days were kittenin' awesome
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I think Todd had also set up at Firearms Training and Tactics for a brief period between the M4C fiasco and starting up p-f. What I remember most about that first week was migrating content over, and then realizing we actually had a lot in a very brief time. Signal to noise was super high.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I wish I could remember who recommended this place to me so I could thank them. I used to read a couple other forums but P-F ruined those for me...
    Last edited by DC_P; 02-27-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I joined a few days in. 2/28/2011. I’ve gotten so much more out of this forum than I’ve put in. It’s a great community that I plan on remaining a part of as long as it’s around.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I’ve only been a member for a short time. But I have read this forum since it’s inception. The wealth of knowledge that has been imparted upon me by this great community is something irreplaceable.

Thank you everybody.

10 years and one day for me. This is one of the more interesting places on the net.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Seven years for me and this is the only internet forum I still frequent. Occasionally I hit the S&W forum if I'm looking for spare parts or specific info, other than that, P-F is it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I wish I could remember who recommended this place to me so I could thank them. I used to read a couple other forums but P-F ruined those for me...
    Now that I think about it...I can remember how exactly I discovered p-f as well.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Now that I think about it...I can remember how exactly I discovered p-f as well.
    For me, T'was a post by Tam on her blog in 2015, which led both here and to P-T. I am eternally grateful to her for the link, and I get a ton of good out of both sites.
    You folks rock.

(I do regret never having the chance to meet or train with TLG. He must have been amazing to have inspired such respect, love, and loyalty.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    For me, T'was a post by Tam on her blog in 2015, which led both here and to P-T. I am eternally grateful to her for the link, and I get a ton of good out of both sites.
    You folks rock.

(I do regret never having the chance to meet or train with TLG. He must have been amazing to have inspired such respect, love, and loyalty.)
    I think it was P&S for me...but I dont know if the timeframe lines up. I know i lurked here for at least two years before I made an account
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List