Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 10 years.

I am just happy I have managed to stay part of PF all these years without getting banned. Probably touch and go a number of times.

Sometime, remind me to tell you guys about when YVK got banned on Sig Forum, and I got him unbanned, but got myself put on moderator approval for a few weeks in the process.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Lol.
    A Russian guy I hung out with a few times would agree. Good and funny memories, but those days are done!
    A Russian guy I know punched me in the face with someone else's fist.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am just happy I have managed to stay part of PF all these years without getting banned. Probably touch and go a number of times.

Sometime, remind me to tell you guys about when YVK got banned on Sig Forum, and I got him unbanned, but got myself put on moderator approval for a few weeks in the process.

Would love to hear that. Maybe a good Coterie story.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I got banned for asking Parabellum if the story was true about him asking a vendor to carry his bag at SHOT.

Maybe after a cocktail, YVK will tell the story.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nah, not that juicy.

Grayguns is the darling of SIG forum, they can do nothing wrong. Even if Bruce defended P320 when the right thing was to stfu and suffered loss of a hard-earned reputation but I digress...
    Somebody posted a mild grievance about either delivery or communication issues with the GGI in regards to their HK work. Having done numerous HK orders with them and being aware that one needed to easily double their projected turnaround time, I made a comment. Frankly, I didn't think it was offensive and I absolutely and certainly wasn't trolling but Para banned me on a spot. Claimed his uncanny sense of trolls; I suspect he was just keeping tabs on GGI criticism.
    @GJM unfolded a doubt-raising campaign like I've not seen before. He never asked to unban me but he kept posting how I was a loyal GGI customer (which was true), how I knew what was up with things (which was half true), and how I was real smart (which is a fucking lie). After several days of him posting that I received an unsolicited restoration of the status notice and was able to post again, from which I refrained for a looong time. However, GJM himself, while not being banned, couldn't post there freely. We laugh about it at times. At times Parabellum posts stupid nonsense like a very recent rant about new Walther guns, particularly how deep and big their slide serrations are, which is the way to go on optic enabled-guns, and I wonder if GJM could pull it off again if I said something but I don't really care.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Nah, not that juicy.

Grayguns is the darling of SIG forum, they can do nothing wrong. Even if Bruce defended P320 when the right thing was to stfu and suffered loss of a hard-earned reputation but I digress...
    Somebody posted a mild grievance about either delivery or communication issues with the GGI in regards to their HK work. Having done numerous HK orders with them and being aware that one needed to easily double their projected turnaround time, I made a comment. Frankly, I didn't think it was offensive and I absolutely and certainly wasn't trolling but Para banned me on a spot. Claimed his uncanny sense of trolls; I suspect he was just keeping tabs on GGI criticism.
    @GJM unfolded a doubt-raising campaign like I've not seen before. He never asked to unban me but he kept posting how I was a loyal GGI customer (which was true), how I knew what was up with things (which was half true), and how I was real smart (which is a fucking lie). After several days of him posting that I received an unsolicited restoration of the status notice and was able to post again, from which I refrained for a looong time. However, GJM himself, while not being banned, couldn't post there freely. We laugh about it at times. At times Parabellum posts stupid nonsense like a very recent rant about new Walther guns, particularly how deep and big their slide serrations are, which is the way to go on optic enabled-guns, and I wonder if GJM could pull it off again if I said something but I don't really care.
    Good story, it improved my night.

But I’m getting things ready for a hiking trip along the Southwest Texas border. So my night is more tedious than anything.

I wonder how many people joined on day one.
    I just checked, I was day 1 member #49.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I just checked, I was day 1 member #49.
    I didn’t even know you could tell what member number you were.

I didn’t even know you could tell what member number you were.

I learned tonight, you’re #16
    https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?16-TheNewbie

User Tag List