Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 years.

Site Supporter

10 years.

10 years ago today, I joined a rather special place. Pistol Forum has brought me more joy than I deserve. A decade ago, my life was so unbelievably different. One consistent has been PF. Which is either really awesome or really sad!

Even though I don’t know what 95% of you look like, or your names, I still owe you a big thank you for making this place great. That said, thank you all for the great discussions, memories, humor and wonderful times. When all social media disappeared from my life, only PF remained.

Thank you to Todd G and may God bless his soul.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4448

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I hit 10 years back in September. It is pretty wild to think back over the last decade. I joined because AIWB was just getting off the ground as a "thing" here on P-F and once I tried it I couldn't really go back.

It would be interesting to track down my gun/gear purchases over the last 10 years and tabulate how much P-F has cost me over the last decade, but like a woman's weight or age, sometimes some questions are best left un-asked

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Agreed! This place is a unique forum that not only fills the typical gun forum roll of a place to talk about guns, 2A politics, and general babble - but a place that inspires one to take the craft to the next level. It does this to a large degree without the chest thumping found on other forums. I look forward to the day I meet many of you in person in a class or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    10 years ago today, I joined a rather special place. Pistol Forum has brought me more joy than I deserve. A decade ago, my life was so unbelievably different. One consistent has been PF. Which is either really awesome or really sad!

Even though I don’t know what 95% of you look like, or your names, I still owe you a big thank you for making this place great. That said, thank you all for the great discussions, memories, humor and wonderful times. When all social media disappeared from my life, only PF remained.

Thank you to Todd G and may God bless his soul.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4448

Wow I never looked, I hit 10 years yesterday! Thank you TLG for starting the best discussion board on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I hit 10 years back in September. It is pretty wild to think back over the last decade. I joined because AIWB was just getting off the ground as a "thing" here on P-F and once I tried it I couldn't really go back.

It would be interesting to track down my gun/gear purchases over the last 10 years and tabulate how much P-F has cost me over the last decade, but like a woman's weight or age, sometimes some questions are best left un-asked
    Dang, I'm also about six months shy of a decade with you people. I love that PF posters stay in their lanes and insist that others do the same, which makes the free exchange of useful information far easier.

PF has caused me to spend a lot of money on stuff that I didn't know I needed until I got here, but I would have spent that much or more on bad ideas that PF pre-empted right out of the gate. At least that's what I tell myself as I check the tracking numbers on all of the shit that's inbound right now.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I, too was online on Day 1.

Blessings to all.

David
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

It took me five months to get dragged in by @GJM.

I was a lurker with no profile for years before I made it official in '16 I think. Thank God for p-f
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I stumbled in here in 2014, with my first firearm, an M&P FS9mm 1.0, and started a Training Journal. Man, I am so thankful for all the direct and untarnished advice I've received. Pistol-forum is where you don't get what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

Member #205 checking in...I'm another Day One plank holder.

10 years, wow.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List