Thread: B&T?

B&T?

So I'd really like an SP5 / SP5K who's primary purpose would be being lovingly held in my arms, a glamour accessory for LARPing around the house, and (if I ever stop feeling guilty about wasting ammo on shooting) maybe even as a range toy.

But since I won't pay gunbroker prices for them, I'm seriously considering a B&T APC9K (pic attached, how adorbs!!!):

Name:  BT.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  33.3 KB

I've seen some commentary here and there on this site about B&T's, but there hasn't been much. This is a purely non-essential purchase for me, and I suppose the question I have is whether the APC9K is more Rolex or Swatch when it comes to fit, finish, and feel.

Ok fine, I'd like it to be accurate and reliable as well.

Anybody?

I have the regular B&T 9 and feel it is much more shootable than the K. Truth is since my wife and I got Rattlers, the SP5, SP5K and B&T hardly get shot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a an APC9k Pro with the Glock lower and I love it.

I haven’t been able to put a lot of rounds through it because of the ammo shortage, but they fit and finish is excellent.

I bought it as an upgrade to a CZ Scorpion and it outclasses the CZ in every way. I went with the k over the full size since I run it suppressed 100% and wanted it to fit in a small bag with the can.

I really like that it uses Glock mags so I can take it along if I want a little more firepower and share mags with my carry gun.

I have a strange longing for the USW with stock myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Whoa that's funky. What the hell is the point of that?

Is that the niche B&T fills? Weirdo firearms that inspire a strange sense of desire with certain individuals???

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Whoa that's funky. What the hell is the point of that?

Is that the niche B&T fills? Weirdo firearms that inspire a strange sense of desire with certain individuals???
    If SBR'd, there's a small side folding stock that can be attached.
    Which can give one a lot of stability, plus a non-reciprocating optic, in a pistol sized package.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

B&T is certainly the home of some strange concoctions. The strategy seems to be to take interesting market niches underserved by the major firearms manufacturers and build something alluring. APC9 seems more a foray into the PCC market craze in the US, but B&T is clearly getting some smaller .GOV contracts for the platform (including as an MP5SD replacement). That characterization is important to the Rolex vs. Swatch analogy, especially as they started out servicing orphaned firearms platforms.

Swiss Francs exchange rate keeps out the Keltec crowd. Aftermarket support is limited, but that is the cost of exclusivity.

My use case is LARPy bag gun myself. Paid MSRP +/- but it does what is promised/expected. I consider myself a realist and tried to not fall for the hype/exclusivity. Return on investment is moderate regarding cool capability vs. price, so not a super power. One magazine issue was handled smoothly by B&T USA, so no complaints on service after the sale.

Rolex or Swatch? More Rolex, but B&T doesn’t seem to do much marketing. It is more of a connoisseur thing. YMMV.

Wow, great write-up – just what I was looking for. For all intents and purposes this needs to satisfy my MP5 itch. Appreciate the response.

User Tag List